College of Engineering: Executive Associate Dean - Engineering Administration (105259)
Executive Associate Dean
College of Engineering
The College of Engineering seeks applications for the position of Executive Associate Dean. This position reports to the Dean of the College of Engineering and is part of the Dean's leadership team. The person in this position assists the Dean with all faculty affairs and strategic planning within the college. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Function as a member of the college executive leadership team, representing the Dean in matters affecting academic affairs of the college.
- Establish policies and oversee approval processes relating to faculty (including specialized faculty) hiring and retention, diversity, promotion and tenure, faculty awards, and named appointments.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support for both senior management and faculty members related to sensitive, often highly confidential, academic and/or personnel matters.
- Advise and support the Dean in college resource planning, including in matters pertaining to salary and startup package amounts for faculty recruitments, retentions, salary raise programs, space allocation, and new programs.
- Support the Dean on strategic planning as it relates to academic affairs and program development, including the formulation of strategic faculty hiring plans in close collaboration with the department heads, directors, and associate deans.
- Work closely with the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and senior management on cases pertaining to Conflicts of Interest and Reports of Non-University Activities.
- Monitor all international activities for the College on behalf of the Dean, and work collaboratively with the Office of the Provost as needed on such initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Executive Associate Dean is a full-time academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. Eligible candidates must be tenured Full Professors from one of the twelve departments represented at the Executive Committee of the College of Engineering and currently employed on the Urbana campus. They must also have strong familiarity with faculty affairs at the University of Illinois and demonstrated record of advanced leadership roles evidencing skills and abilities to communicate successfully with diverse stakeholders including faculty, administrators, and staff. Preference may be given to candidates with knowledge of the University of Illinois shared governance, policies and procedures, and experience in academic department administration. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
To apply for this position, candidates should create a profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and submit a cover letter articulating their vision for this position, together with a curriculum vitae, and names and contact information for three references. Complete applications should be received by November 16, 2018, for full consideration, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The start date is as soon as possible and salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Please direct questions pertaining to the search or application procedures to Lori Willoughby at [email protected] or 217-333-3837.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Title: College of Engineering: Executive Associate Dean - Engineering Administration (105259)
Open Date: 10/31/2018
Organization Name: Engineering Dean