Facilities Field Supervisor
Requisition # 2018-9538
Department PPPL Facilities
Category Building Trades and Technicians
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Facilities Field Supervisor coordinates the activities of outside contractors performing work on site. Working with the Project Manager for a construction project he/she will provide the oversight and supervision necessary, ensure training is scheduled, site access notification completed, and initial conditions are met for the contractor to access the site and perform work. Generate and maintain construction records for each project. During construction he/she is responsible for ensuring all safety requirements are observed and works with the Project Manager to minimize disruption to business operations from construction activities. The Field Supervisor will assist where needed in Facilities Maintenance Shops.
- Provide coordination and oversight of construction or repairs and any sub-contractors for assigned projects.
- Coordinate the activities of contractors, including scheduling training, badging, ensuring initial conditions and administrative requirements are met to perform work.
- Alternate working with maintenance shops as demand is needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on mechanical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Performs rigging operations, moves equipment, and moves furniture throughout the lab.
- Research and order parts and materials. Maintains proper records management requirements.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- Has knowledge of, supports, and consistently applies the Laboratory's Integrated Safety Management (ISM) program and all ES&H requirements. Encourages others to be safety conscious and observe safety rules including use of safety equipment.
- Reviews work for environmental impact. Complies with ES&H Directives, DOE Orders and OSHA standards. Attends required training.
- High School Education or Equivalent.
- Valid New Jersey Drivers License.
- Five years of experience in construction project execution, coordination and craft skills.
- Five years of experience in operating heavy equipment.
- Experience in the operation of mobile and fixed cranes.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are, therefore, unable or limited in your ability to use or access this system, you can request a reasonable accommodation by calling a Human Resources team member at (609) 258-2101.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to Princeton University careers site.