Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 10-31-2018
The Associate Dean assists the Dean of the College of Education in academic and administrative leadership on all matters related to the development, implementation, and administration of the teaching, research, and public service activities of the College. The position is a full-time, 12 month administrative post. The Associate Dean represents the Dean in his or her absence, and serves as the Dean's representative as required.
1. Doctor of Philosophy or Doctor of Education.
2. Accomplishments in teaching, research, and service appropriate for appointment as an associate or full professor.
3. Progressive responsibilities as an academic leader at a university with a strong reputation for teacher education.
4. Experience with education accreditation standards and procedures.
5. Ability to analyze data to meet state and accreditation standards, and to effectively communicate the results and make recommendations to a wide university audience.
6. Experience leading initiatives (for example, teacher education program review, performance-based assessments, curricular design and/or policy at the university, state, and national levels).
7. Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and leadership skills.
8. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
9. Evidence of a commitment to and/or interest in diversity, equity, and social justice.
10. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Leadership experience in a school, department, or college of education at a large, public university.
2. Experience working with state legislators and educational governance boards to influence P-12 through post-secondary educational policy.
3. Experience supervising and managing staff members or direct reports.
4. Experience monitoring college-wide enrollment and retention efforts.
5. Experience planning and managing unit-wide (college, department, school) annual budgets.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.