Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 10-31-2018
The Clinical Coordinator's primary responsibility is to arrange and secure clinical placements prior to student teaching in collaboration with departmental programs. The coordinator will initiate and maintain school, district, and agency contacts and will notify professors, district representatives, agency contacts, and teacher candidates of the secured placements. The Clinical Coordinator will effectively collaborate with faculty, departmental programs, district personnel, agency contacts, and teacher candidates throughout the clinical placement process.
1. Bachelor's or equivalent degree in education, communication, or related field
2. At least one (1) year (12 months) in education, training, and/or work experience in education settings or working with K-12 schools and partners
Note: Master's degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one (1) year of work experience
3. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues at the department, university, and school/district/agency levels
4. Demonstrated ability to learn and use different computer technologies and software applications
5. Excellent organization and communication skills
If this position is security sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Familiarity and/or experience working with PreK-12 schools
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.