HVAC Technician (Williams Bay, WI)
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The HVAC Technician at George Williams College in Williams Bay, WI will provide HVAC services with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; installing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading HVAC systems and equipment; assisting other skilled trades; and ensuring that tools and materials are available the job site.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Installs HVAC equipment and systems (e.g. actuators. Compressors, building control systems. DDC sensors, heat pumps, alarm systems, control panels, energy management control systems, pressure reducing valves, etc.) for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded capabilities.
- Monitors HVAC systems and operations, and ensures that routine preventive maintenance is performed according to established schedules and standards.
- Responds to hot and cold calls; troubleshoots and resolves issues.
- Checks, repairs and or replaces valves, motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring, fans, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, pipes and other functional components of the system.
- Responds to 24-hour emergency calls.
- Responds to fire alarm systems and is familiar with fire panels.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Documents all work in the HVAC system.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Willingness to work in multiple areas within the Facilities/Grounds department.
- Maintains clean and orderly conditions in all working areas for purpose of observing all safety practices and regulations.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, recommendations, etc) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
- Performs emergence, predictive and preventive maintenance for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of HVAC systems.
- Assists with snow removal.
- Assists with moving loading, unloading and storing supplies, furniture and equipment.
- Complies with all university safety and risk management policies and procedures.
Essential Job Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED
- HVAC Technician Certification
- 5+ years related experience
- Strategic thinking and orientation with the ability to identify and to solve problems.
- The ability to deal with multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and the flexibility to deal with changing needs.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve or exceed goals and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituents; the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external audiences.
- Customer-service focused.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends for University sanctioned events.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and proficiency with all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the George Williams College team.
- Strong enthusiasm, motivation, and drive.
- Valid driver’s license and Evidence of Insurability
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; significant climbing and balancing; significant stooping, kneeling, crouching, and /or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 10% sitting, 60% walking, and 30% standing. The job is performed under some temperature extremes and under conditions with exposure to risk of injury.
- Must maneuver around campus and the hilly terrain with ease.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
jobs[email protected] - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.