Institutional Services Assistant
Proposed Salary Range
Type of Employment: Staff
Employment Status: Full time (29-40 Hrs)
The Institutional Services Assistant is responsible for general cleaning of areas in and around office buildings, class rooms, lecture halls, conference rooms, auditoriums, resident halls, dining areas, building common areas, and other areas as required. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the vision and guiding principles of the Finance and Administration Division
- Perform custodial duties according to the prescribed procedures and training put forth by the Custodial Coordinators and Team Leader.
- Monitor maintenance needs in the buildings and assure that proper reporting procedures are followed.
- Participate in additional duties and projects as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Develop computer skills in Banner System, FAMIS, and internet usage
- Attend team meetings, open forum meetings, assigned training, and any meetings the custodial coordinator instructs.
- Ensure that all time cards, work orders, and other assigned paper work are correct and turned in on time.
- Employees will wear daily, the assigned uniform as designated in the Uniform FMOP. Exceptions will be in writing for approval by the AVC.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of basic cleaning techniques, and cleaning equipment operation and maintenance.
Ability to follow instructions and perform repetitive manual work, use cleansers and other agents to clean floors and furniture, use housekeeping cleaning supplies and equipment, work independently without close supervision, follow oral and/or written instructions, perform multiple tasks and to prioritize assignments, and perform repetitive manual work.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
This position is considered Essential Personnel in Facilities Management and Candidate must possess a valid Driver's License.
Must be able to do required lifting (up to 50 lbs.).
The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma.
Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements, except for certification or licensure requirements, upon approval of the qualifications review committee.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.