Associate Director, Admissions Marketing
Hyde Park Campus
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
The Associate Director Admissions Marketing is an integral part of The University of Chicago Booth School of Business (Chicago Booth) Admissions team for the Full-Time MBA Program. In conjunction with the Sr. Associate Director, Admissions Marketing, the Associate Director will create and execute on short- and long-term strategic marketing plans that maximize the return on key program objectives. In addition, this role works across the department to develop strategies that broaden awareness/interest, increase applications, and drive matriculation/yield for Booth's MBA programs. This individual also participates in the MBA recruitment and selection process, including evaluation of applications, representing Booth at recruiting events, conducting group presentations, and traveling as needed.
- Development of marketing strategies and unique brand positioning (voice, tone, message) across all end-to-end communications.
- Development and execution of the annual marketing/communication calendar and CRM management.
- Manage the annual marketing/communication advertising budget; secure budget approval and manage effectively in line with objectives.
- Evolve and implement branded messaging through all content to ensure the consumer voice and relevant brand components are accurately and consistently represented across Booth channels.
- Create/copy edit content that helps bring Booth's student/alumni experience to life in real and meaningful ways (interviews, blogs, newsletters, videos, long/short form, infographics); increase awareness, engagement, and conversion activities with Chicago Booth.
- Manage, coordinate, and edit Admissions Blog content from external contributors (staff, research centers, faculty, alumni, and freelancers).
- Partner with internal stakeholders to increase engagement with key audience segments; develop and lead initiatives to support new and ongoing strategies and tactics
- Test, track, and provide insights into the funnel activities that drive key audience segments; evaluate and make recommendations for platform, communications, list buying, advertising, partnerships, etc.
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, top competitor brand positioning, key messages, and industry trends.
- Lead and implement social strategy for the Full-Time MBA program business objectives. Campaign performance and best practices should drive recommendations (including PPC).
- Strengthen the MBA audience/market understanding through surveys, focus groups, and A/B testing. Leverage findings to recommend innovative opportunities that will inform both downstream and upstream marketing.
- Nurture and oversee relationships with Research Centers for events, newsletter content, etc.
- Conduct MBA recruitment, evaluation and yield activities. Duties include: being “on call” to answer phone and in-person inquiries, conducting presentations, travel planning, reading and evaluating applications, conducting interviews, and mentoring graduate Admissions Fellows. Attention to detail and timeliness are important with all aspects of evaluation.
- Closely monitor competitive presence and industry trends across various message boards, business newsletters and social media.
- Participate in the execution of on-campus, off-campus, and digital recruitment efforts.
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred.
- At least four years of work experience in a professional marketing or admissions-related environment required.
- Experience effectively managing external vendors and budgets required.
- Experience identifying business needs/opportunities and proactively developing solutions preferred.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and follow-through with minimal supervision required.
- Familiarity with Marketing Analytics, content management systems and/or CRM systems preferred.
- Proficiency with business writing skills and good creative writing skills required.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent presentation and relationship-building skills required.
- Strong ability to meet deadlines and work successfully as member of a team required.
- Cover letter
- Sample from marketing portfolio
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/