Assistant Director, Enrollment Management Operations
Hyde Park Campus
46480 Graham School-Divisional Admin
About the Unit
Created at the founding of the University, the Graham School is committed to enhancing the University of Chicago's position as a preeminent intellectual destination through support of lifelong learning. Graham is dedicated to curating and disseminating the university's rich content for a broader set of learners in ever more innovative ways; helping the university engage civically, globally, and with the latest innovations in teaching and learning.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Enrollment Management, the Assistant Director of Enrollment Management Operations manages the Graham School's Admissions CRM, Slate, and is responsible for the integrity and efficiency of the application process. This position is tasked with ensuring a seamless and flawless application management process throughout all stages of the prospective student lifecycle, serving as the technology and reporting lead on the enrollment management team, and supporting and analyzing the effectiveness of recruitment outreach initiatives.
CRM Management: Serve as CRM expert and point person on Graham's enrollment management team, responsible for maximizing the team's use of Slate and fostering an environment of continuous improvement and innovation
- Manage the admissions CRM in all areas including continued infrastructure development, implementation of new features and processes, and leveraging system capabilities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of recruitment and admissions efforts for all programs
- Lead the annual application update process and cycle preparation, ensuring optimal functioning of Graham's admissions application for all stakeholders
- Develop Slate process documentation and training materials, serving as a resource for staff across the Graham school in the Slate best practices and policy development
- Function as technology lead in admissions and liaison to the University's central Slate team, UChicago Grad, Registrar, and other relevant offices
Admissions Operations: Manage the admissions and enrollment process, ensuring operational efficiency and positively influencing each recruitment cycle's quantity and quality of completed applications
- Coordinate the inflow of applications and ensure all required application documentation is secured within established deadlines
- Resolve prospective student inquiries throughout the application submission cycle, troubleshooting application system and submission issues as necessary
- Support daily application processing, including the release of application decisions
- Provide support for student matriculation, participating in yield initiatives and student onboarding as directed
- Ensure compliance-related document inquiries are met for admitted international students in collaboration with the Office of International Affairs and serve as enrollment management staff contact for student inquiries related to visa application timeline and process
- Assist in overseeing student workers, interns, and temporary employees as appropriate
Analytics and Reporting:
- Provide guidance and work to ensure data integrity in all enrollment management processes and initiatives
- Prepare reports on key metrics on a regular basis (daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly) and support the in-depth analysis of those metrics on a regular basis
- Serve as primary holder of various data sources and export key data points for recruitment team as requested
- Customer-service orientation with a strong aptitude for maintaining a positive demeanor in all interactions
- Demonstrated ability to review and prioritize work to take appropriate actions without advance approval, set priorities, and meet deadlines while ensuring close attention to detail
- Effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously employing strong project management skills
- Outstanding communication skills: written, oral, listening, and public speaking ability, including the ability to forge and reinforce effective relationships with internal/external constituencies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, internet, social media, and e-mail
- Ability to travel locally and regionally
- Commitment to excellence - reflected in distinction, effectiveness, efficiency, enthusiasm, passion, and quality.
- High degree of personal and professional integrity, reflected in accountability, ethical behavior, honesty, and reliability
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the candidate.
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of one to three year(s) of experience in higher education recruitment/admissions working closely with technology
- Experience managing a CRM, especially Slate, preferred
- Knowledge of marketing, communications, and social media vehicles for engaging with prospects
- Previous experience working in higher education preferred
- Hyde Park Chicago campus; occasional events at Gleacher Center downtown Chicago; offsite meetings and travel as needed
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Consistent attendance in office, ability to work for long periods in front of a computer, ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to be on the phone for long periods of time, ability to travel to various locations in Hyde Park, Chicagoland and regionally
- This position requires phone and in-person contact with students, alumni, prospects, faculty, and staff. In addition to normal business hours on the Chicago and Hyde Park campuses, the successful candidate will be available during other hours to respond to participate in after-hours or weekend events or activities such as information sessions, convocation, teacher or student recognition events and outreach events.
- Cover Letter
- Reference Contact Information
(NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.)
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/