Health Sciences Clinical Instructor
Open July 1st, 2018 through June 30th, 2019
If you apply to this recruitment by June 30th, 2019, you will have until July 7th, 2019 to complete your application.
The Department of Surgery in the School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, anticipates openings for physicians in its various divisions. These openings will be at the level of Health Sciences Clinical Instructor (non-tenure). Surgical Divisions include the following: Cardiothoracic Surgery, Colorectal Surgery, Gastrointestinal Surgery, Hepatobiliary & Pancreas Surgery, General Surgery, Surgical Oncology, Aesthetic & Plastic Surgery, Kidney & Pancreas Transplantation, Trauma/Critical Care/Burn Surgery, Surgery Research, Vascular Surgery
Requirements - An M.D. or M.D./Ph.D., board certification or board eligibility in specialty, and a California Medical License are required. Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with training, qualifications, and experience. Strong interest and demonstrated abilities in delivering patient care in an academic clinical setting, teaching residents and medical students, and providing service to the university are required. Initial appointments are for one year and renewal is based on availability of support. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To be considered for the position interested candidates should visit:
https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04716, complete an online application profile and upload application materials electronically.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Orange, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
- Self Statement of Research/Clinical Activity - Describe participation in patient care, performing university and public service, demonstration of professional competency and activity
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Student/Teaching Evaluations - Evaluations from teaching sessions, lectures, and/or presentations
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now