Business Services Coordinator
Requisition Number S1652
Position Number 000343
Position Classification Title Business Services Coordinator
Functional Title Business Services Coordinator
Position Type Staff
The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, the Director of Undergraduate Admissions and the staff members as needed.
These responsibilities include:
1. Maintain and analyzing the departmental budget to ensure that all operations are conducted within state guidelines and balanced accordingly. The position will handle all travel authorizations/reimbursements, procurement of departmental purchases, monitor and renew service contracts, processing of all invoices and transfer funds between budget lines or within the institution as needed. The position will produce budget reports for the Director and Senior Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions on a monthly basis, and will serve as the departmental expert on policies and procedures related to financial procedures and policies.
2. Manage all personnel records and timesheets in a confidential and efficient manner. This includes payroll administration, recruitment and hiring of all employees and maintain employment records or all staff.
3. Provide administrative support to the Director and Senior Associate Director of Admissions, coordinate meetings and events, meet with external vendors, take and distribute meeting minutes, develop correspondence and handle work orders as requested.
4. Maintain departmental inventory and report in monthly updates to the office leadership team.
5. Participate in all large on-campus recruitment events that often occur on weekday evenings and Saturdays.
BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION OR A RELATED DISCIPLINE; OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE. ALL DEGREES MUST BE RECEIVED FROM APPROPRIATELY ACCREDITED INSTITUTIONS.
Experience with Banner.
Experience managing complex budgets in a higher education or related setting.
Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and comfort producing spreadsheets outlining budget expenditures and forecasts.
Advanced knowledge and comfort with MS Office suite.
Experience with Google calendar or related.
Strong organizational and communications skills.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range $38,800 - $42,000
Org #-Department Admissions - 10202
Work Hours of Position 8 A.M - 5 P.M., M-F
Job Family Administrative & Managerial
Competency Level Journey
Open Date 10/31/2018
Close Date 11/30/2018
Job Close Date
Salary Grade Equivalency 65
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience using Banner Finance and Banner HR?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu