Assistant Director, Marketing Communications - Office of the Dean, School of Arts and Sciences-1800
Assistant Director, Marketing Communications - Office of the Dean, School of Arts and Sciences-18001760
Please include a cover letter when applying for this position.
Tufts' largest school, the School of Arts and Sciences, is committed to intellectual and artistic engagement through a liberal arts tradition that prepares our students for a lifetime of learning. Along with its robust undergraduate programs, the School of Arts and Sciences also includes the School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts University (SMFA at Tufts) and the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. The Arts and Sciences Communications team collaborates with central University Communications and Marketing to execute marketing and enrollment strategies and enhances the reputation and visibility of the School of Arts and Sciences within and beyond Tufts.
Reporting to and working closely with the Director of Communications for Arts & Sciences, the Assistant Director Marketing & Communications will develop and implement marketing strategies for the School of Arts and Sciences, with a special focus on SMFA at Tufts. The incumbent will develop messaging for various target audiences including, but not limited to, prospective students, parents, school counselors and influencers, as well as develop and implement marketing tactics to reach these audiences. This role sits within the Arts and Sciences Communications team. The incumbent serves as the liaison to, and works collaboratively with, key departments across the school including Continuing Education and Admissions, as well as Tufts’ central University Communications and Marketing (UCM) team. The position will be based in Medford and the incumbent will be expected to travel to SMFA campus in Boston 1-2 days per week.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years marketing/communications or related experience.
- Advanced degree in marketing or communications.
- Relevant experience in a higher-ed, nonprofit, or arts organization.
- In-depth knowledge of digital, email, and influencer marketing and demonstrated ability to identify and target new markets.
- Experience developing marketing plan and media spends with a proven ability to exercise sound, data driven decision making.
- Experience with Google Analytics, content management systems, social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), customer relationship management system (CRM).
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign a plus.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to manage and execute multiple projects.
- Excellent writing and copyediting skills.
- Experience working as an individual contributor with the ability to execute the day-to-day, while working collaboratively across the school and larger university.
- Excellent critical thinking skills; ability to manage and evaluate competing priorities and juggle multiple tasks to completion.
- A sense of humor and a positive attitude a must.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: Communications and Marketing
Organization: Office Dean Arts & Sciences
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Oct 31, 2018, 9:48:14 AM