Administrative Assistant I, Nursing
Job no: 496379
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: School of Nursing
Salary: Clerical union Grade 15, Step 1
Applications Open: Oct 31 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Administrative Assistant I provides administrative support to the Solomont School of Nursing Leadership, Faculty, Professional Staff, and students.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- High school diploma or equivalent and two years of full-time or equivalent part-time office experience
I. An Associate's degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for the required experience.*
II. An Associate's degree with a major other than in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
- Associates degree
- Prior experience working in an academic office environment
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft Software, including finance & H.R. applications
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Computer literacy, including knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word & Internet communications
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to interact with students, faculty, administrators & general public
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Classified (MTA Classified/Technical) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.