POSITION: ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR
Full time temporary non-exempt position available on or after December 3, 2018 and ending on or before December 2, 2019 in Admissions and Outreach. This position will be located at Modesto Junior College four days per week, with one day per week at Stanislaus State. Possibility of reappointment based on budget, department needs, and job performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Under direct supervision by the Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, this position will provide information and a variety of services to prospective students and others interested in post-secondary education at Stanislaus State and will strategize to identify particular communities of students and an appropriate recruitment plan. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Establish the Warriors on the Way (WOW) program at Modesto Junior College.
• Establish and maintain direct contact with prospective students and counselors from Modesto Junior College (MJC) to promote post-secondary education and provide information regarding CSU admission requirements, procedures and timelines, financial aid programs, academic opportunities and student services available at Stanislaus State
• Assist with interviewing individual prospective students and review documents and forms required for CSU admission, financial aid, scholarships and other service opportunities.
• Encourage students at MJC to complete their Associate Degree for Transfer and provide referrals to MJC counselors and administration to assist students with ADT completion.
• Follow up, track, and communicate with prospective students and assist them from prospect through enrollment.
• Work with prospective students that have been denied admissions to Stan State from the MJC service area to encourage attendance at MJC and provide a pathway to Stan State.
• Review all steps in the application process in order to reduce barriers and enhance satisfaction as student's progress through the admission cycle.
• Provide correspondence and what's next steps to prospective students who have applied to Stanislaus but have not enrolled for classes
• Assist with on and off campus recruitment efforts often on weekends such as: Open House, CLYC, Counselor Conferences, Warrior Welcomes, etc.
• Assist with Stan State visits for MJC students, counselors, and program partners.
• Assist with jointly sponsored programs co-sponsored by Stanislaus State by MJC. Assist developing co-sponsored marketing materials.
• Maintain current knowledge of University coursed, majors, prerequisites, general education, graduation requirements, procedures, rules and regulations, and other student services including financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
• Attend training sessions and professional development conferences and meetings and other duties or projects as assigned.
• Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in one of the behavioral sciences, public or business administration or a job-related field. (Additional specialized experience during which the applicant has acquired and successfully applied the knowledge and abilities may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.)
• Equivalent of one year of experience in professional Student Services work at the entry trainee level. (Equivalent amounts of graduate level job related education may be substituted for the required experience.)
• Demonstrated effective time management and organizational skills. Demonstrated counseling techniques.
• Knowledge of CSU admission requirements and policies.
• Excellent public speaking skills. Ability to present to large and small audiences.
• Knowledge and extensive experience utilizing a personal computer and software applications for word processing, spreadsheets, database management, internet communications and electronic calendaring systems.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of the methods and problems of organization and program management.
• Working knowledge of research and interviewing techniques.
• Working knowledge of the principles of individual and group behavior.
• Ability to rapidly acquire such knowledge of the organization, procedures and activities of the specific campus to which the position is assigned.
• Working knowledge of the basic principles, practices and major trends in the Student Services field to which assigned.
• Ability to rapidly acquire a working knowledge of the specific objectives of the campus Student Services program and its relationship to the total campus operation.
• Ability to interpret and apply program rules and regulations.
• Ability to gather and analyze data; reason logically, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
• Ability to present clear and concise information orally and in written reports.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, CSU administrators, student organizations and other private and public agencies.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Ability to work an adjusted schedule (evenings and weekends) as required. Ability to travel to local and out of area schools with overnight stays for up to 2 weeks at a time.
• Possess a valid CA driver's license and reliable mode of transportation, preferred.
• Office hours at Modesto Junior College and/or Stanislaus State campus as needed including evening and weekends.
• Visit local schools, out of area schools; attend college informational events. As needed – may need to work an alternate work schedule to accommodate evening students at MJC.
• Ability to lift boxes, carry cases, arrange large informational displays, and move equipment weighing up to 40 pounds. However, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to travel by automobile (1-5 hours per day). Ability to travel for an extended period of time during high recruitment season.
• Sit and/or stand for long periods of time (1-8 hours per day). Ability to attend College Fairs and public events at indoor venues and outdoor locations under variety of weather conditions.
• Requires extended work hours (overtime) during peak admission periods (includes evening hours and some weekends).
SALARY RANGE: $3,685 to $5,213 per month plus excellent paid benefits. (Anticipated salary will be $3,685 to $4,054 per month, depending on the qualifications of the successful finalist.) The California State University offers a premium benefit package that includes, but is not limited to, outstanding vacation, health, dental, and vision plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 13, 2018
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To be considered, qualified candidates must submit a completed CSUS employment application (download electronic application at http://www.csustan.edu/hr/Employment_Opportunities/Staff/index.html), cover letter, and resumé to:
California State University, Stanislaus ∙ Human Resources Department
Mary Stuart Rogers Educational Services Gateway Building, Suite 320 (3rd Floor)
One University Circle ∙ Turlock, CA 95382
For questions, please contact: Ms. Noelia Gonzalez (209) 667-3337
Satisfactory completion of a background check (which includes checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records; and may include motor vehicle records, professional licenses, and sex offender registries, as position requires) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Applicants requiring necessary accommodations to the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (209) 667-3351. California Relay Service is available at (800) 735-2922 voice and (800) 735-2929 TDD.As a federal contractor, we are committed to attracting a diverse applicant pool. Please consider completing the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability form (your response will not be shared with the search committee) at:https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/sec503/Self_ID_Forms/VoluntarySelf-ID_CC-305_ENG_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
THE INDIVIDUALS WHO APPEAR TO BE THE BEST QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE CONTACTED BY TELEPHONE FOR AN INTERVIEW
PURSUANT TO THEJEANNE CLERY DISCLOSURE OF CAMPUS SECURITY POLICY AND CAMPUS CRIME STATISTICS ACT,THE ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT (ASR), IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING ATHTTPS://WWW.CSUSTAN.EDU/ANNUAL-CAMPUS-SECURITY-REPORT. THE ASR CONTAINS THE CURRENT SECURITY AND SAFETY-RELATED POLICY STATEMENTS, EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS AND EVACUATION INFORMATION, CRIME PREVENTION AND SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION INFORMATION, AND DRUG AND ALCOHOL PREVENTION PROGRAMMING. THE ASR ALSO CONTAINS STATISTICS OF CLERY ACT CRIMES FOR STANISLAUS STATE FOR THE PREVIOUS THREE YEARS. A PAPER COPY OF THE ASR IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CONTACTING THE OFFICE OF THE CLERY DIRECTOR LOCATED AT ONE UNIVERSITY CIRCLE, TURLOCK, CA 95382, OR BY CALLING 209-667-3572.
THE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST PERSONS ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, ANCESTRY, AGE, DISABILITY, GENETIC INFORMATION, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, MARITAL STATUS, MEDICAL CONDITION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, COVERED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED STATUS. ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.CSU STANISLAUS HIRES ONLY INDIVIDUALS LAWFULLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. THE PERSON HOLDING THIS POSITION IS CONSIDERED A ‘MANDATED REPORTER' UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT REPORTING ACT AND IS REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN CSU EXECUTIVE ORDER 1083, REVISED 7/21/17, AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency