Project Manager for Workday Student Implementation
Project Manager for Workday Student Implementation
Project Management Office
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The PMO seeks a hands-on, technically adept, Project Manager, preferably with Workday experience, to lead and manage the Workday Student implementations at WPI. This role will involve all aspects of project management including consistent and detailed scheduling, logistics, and communications, precise project planning, resource support and management, on-going risk assessments, and full execution of the plan with our third-party consultants throughout the phased Workday Student deployments.
The Project manager guides each of the functional project teams through standard PMI project management processes and practices from project pre-inception to closure and post-production support. The PM will manage coordinated and integrated releases of functionality, guide functional teams through multiple rounds of unit, end-to-end, and parallel/pre-production testing, facilitate effective management of project tasks, provide complete project support for high-risk/high-visibility initiatives, as well as build enduring and effective relationships with all stakeholders, team leads, subject matter experts, and all members of the functional teams.
The Workday implementation environment involves simultaneous management of a multitude of working teams, consultant teams, implementation tenants, and project plans. The ideal PM for this position is a highly skilled multi-tasker with the ability to be a hands-on tenant administrator. The PM must have strong verbal and written skills and be able to take comprehensive notes to be shared and/or presented to executive stakeholders. The Project Manager must be hyper-organized and well versed in basic office and project tools in a predominantly Windows/Microsoft environment.
The position reports to the Director of the Project Management Office, in Information Technology. In order to meet the expectations for delivery on this project, the Director and the Project Manager will collaborate closely on many facets of the project and deployments. As a member of the PMO, the project manager will collaborate and assist other members of the PMO, as needed, to help WPI achieve all of their technology-related goals.
- Identify, define, document, and lead new and existing medium to large-sized projects for WPI, often across a number of functional areas in the institution.
- Coordinate, schedule, and manage multiple functional teams and external consultants to successfully implement a new enterprise student resource solution at WPI.
- Produce weekly project status communications for use with all levels of project management.
- Provide decision support management including change and risks management.
- Support the movement of new and changed initiatives through IT, project, and campus governance.
- Contribute to the growing body of WPI Project Management Organization knowledge including tools and practices that can be used by functional area project managers and within IT.
- Identify, document, assess, and mitigate project or project environment risks including but not limited to: budget, personnel, training, and competing priorities including other efforts across campus.
- Develop and execute communication plans in partnership with the change management and communications teams in order to properly engage all stakeholders.
- Exercise good project management practices and processes in support of consistent project outcomes. Employ the right level of process control at the right time (just-right project management).
- Strong aptitude for technology, projects and management.
- Exquisite, effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong, working knowledge of standard and advanced project management practices.
- Strong, working understanding of standard higher education business practices.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and modify approaches based on input from all constituents.
- Ability to transform high-level and incomplete information into structured business and IT action plans.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and perform new technologies quickly, effectively, and accurately.
- Ability to balance viewpoints and work with small to large, diverse teams across a complex organization.
- Ability to positively drive teams through task-based work, as well as long-term project engagements.
- Experience implementing complete Workday solutions in an enterprise environment.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3-5 years of relevant technology project experience or bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of relevant Workday, higher education, implementation experience.
- PMP certification or similar coursework preferred.
- Experience with Workday implementations preferred, specifically in higher-ed.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Project-Manager-for-Workday-Student-Implementation_R0000120
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency