Associate Professor of Operations and Information Management
Assistant or Associate Professor of Operations and Information Management
University of Massachusetts Amherst
The Operations & Information Management (OIM) Department of the Isenberg School of Management invites applications for a tenure-track position in Information Systems to start in fall 2019. The rank for the position is assistant or associate depending upon the qualifications of the candidate. New PhDs and experienced assistant or associate professors are invited to apply. Under exceptional circumstances, highly qualified candidates at other ranks may receive consideration.
- Candidates are expected to hold a Ph.D. in Information Systems (or a closely related field) from an AACSB accredited program by August 2019.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have an active program of research with a demonstrated ability for high quality scholarly publications.
- Preference for this position will be given to candidates who conduct behavioral or strategic IS research.
- Candidates must have expertise or evident potential in providing quality teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Potential or demonstrated ability to teach in both face-to-face and distance education formats to masters-level students with work experience is highly desirable.
- Potential or demonstrated ability to mentor doctoral students is also highly desirable.
Teaching responsibilities will be focused on business analytics, IS doctoral seminars, and/or IS Strategy.
- Commensurate teaching experience or evidence of expertise in one or more of these areas is required.
- Experience with developing and delivering innovative instruction in business intelligence and data analytics is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For more information including minimum qualifications and application instructions, please visit: http://careers.umass.edu/amherst/en-us/job/495631/assistant-professor-or-associate-professor-tenure-track-in-information-systems-operations-information-management
The University of Massachusetts Amherst is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities, and encourages applications from these and other protected group members.