HSI STEM CSIS Tutor (Grant Funded)
Who We Are:
National Louis is a 130+ year old university that has been grounded in the values of innovation, access, and excellence from its inception. As an institution we believe in providing access to educational opportunity and that education is our greatest lever for social and economic mobility. We are a student focused community that is committed to continuous improvement and asks how do we become more “student ready” so that we may better serve our students. We believe that through education we are able to empower change and build healthy communities. Our community works hard in the service of students and supports one another like a family.
What We Offer:
At National Louis University we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.
What You Will Do:
Specific duties will include:
• Maintaining records on each student who is being tutored, including follow-up and periodic assessment.
• Assisting students in achieving a better understanding of specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in designated areas.
• Helping students develop the study skills necessary for academic success.
• Helping students develop positive attitudes toward learning and studying and helping students develop a high level of motivation in academic areas.
• Providing evaluations and other reports as required by staff and or team members.
• Scheduling tutoring appointments.
• Providing appropriate resources and learning materials for students.
This grant funded CSIS Tutor will provide in-person, subject-area tutoring.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required or higher
• Knowledge of programming languages: Python, Java, ect.
• Personable and Professional Communication skills with students, faculty, and staff to develop and maintain a genuine, positive, and consistent communication.
• Possess excellent communication skills, and the ability to work in a diverse student body.