199853 - Acquisitions & Serials Coordinator
Acquisitions & Serials Coordinator
Job Code 199853
Full-time, 40 hours per week
Clark University’s Goddard Library seeks to fill the position of Acquisitions & Serials Coordinator. Reporting to the Head of Collections Management, the successful candidate will oversee the Library’s acquisitions and serials and the staff and workflows of this unit. Primary responsibilities for this position include managing the acquisitions of library resources in all formats; supervising daily operations of the unit’s staff; recording, monitoring, and reporting on all expenditures and related financial activities.
Duties and Responsibilities: Included in a range of responsibilities, the Acquisitions & Serials Coordinator will:
- Process invoices and resolve problems with outstanding orders and bills.
- Serve as the primary vendor contact for these activities.
- Reconcile acquisitions funds with university budget lines.
- Compile, monitor, manage, review, analyze, and report the expenditures and financial reporting for the Library acquisitions budget of over $1.5 million.
- Collaborate with Collections Head and other staff on selected acquisitions initiatives and issues, including evolving acquisitions and other library technology, acquisitions policies, database and vendor selection, etc.
- Additional responsibilities in other library units, as needed and depending on skills and background.
Qualifications for the position:
- ALA accredited master's degree or Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of related Library experience.
- Minimum of one year of library experience with acquisitions or similar purchasing duties in a business environment.
- Knowledge of accounting principles with respect to library acquisitions, including fund accounting.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to effectively manage time and set priorities.
- Effective analytical, oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Previous supervisory and academic library experience.
- Experience compiling and reviewing acquisitions data for decision-making.
- Proficiency using an integrated library system (Voyager highly preferred), particularly the Acquisitions module, especially the ledgers section;
- Experience with bibliographic utilities, such as OCLC and YBP’s Gobi.
- Experience in a library serials unit.
- Demonstrated strong technology and troubleshooting skills; ability to both to collaborate and to work independently.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to [email protected]. Applicants must reference Job code 199853 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.