199001 - Therapist - Diversity Specialist
Therapist –Diversity Specialist (199001)
Center for Counseling and Personal Growth
Full time, 40 hours, 9 months per year
Clark University’s Center for Counseling and Personal Growth seeks to fill the position of Therapist – Diversity Specialist. Reporting to the Director of the Center for Counseling and Personal Growth, the successful candidate will provide individual and group counseling to the ALANA student population; outreach programming on concerns related to cultural adjustment and diversity; case management; crisis intervention; training/supervision of graduate trainees; and consultation for the counseling staff and graduate trainees in the area of multicultural training. The candidate will also participate on committees, collaborate and consult with administrators, faculty and students on issues/programs related to diversity awareness on campus.
Duties and Responsibilities
Included in a range of responsibilities, the Therapist – Diversity Specialist will:
- Provide individual and group counseling to the ALANA student population
- Outreach programming on concerns related to cultural adjustment and diversity
- Training / supervision of graduate trainees and staff
- Crisis management
- Participate on committees as well as collaborate and consult with administrators, faculty and students on issues/programs related to diversity awareness on campus
- Case management
The successful candidate will:
- Have a master’s or doctoral degree in psychology or social work, preferably with past training experience at a college counseling center.
- Must have independent licensure (LMHC, LICSW, PsyD/PhD) within the state of Massachusetts (or is license eligible).
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 9 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to [email protected]. Applicants must reference Job code 199001 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.