190267 - International Student Advisor
International Student Advisor
Job Code 190267
International Students and Scholars Office
Full-time/ 40 hours/ 12 months
Clark University’s International Student and Scholars Office seeks to fill the position of International Student Advisor. Reporting to the Director, the International Student Advisor will serve as an immigration specialist and advise international students in matters related to compliance with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security immigration regulations. The Advisor will serve as the Designated School Official.
Primary responsibilities for this position are to liaise with the US Department of Homeland Security, interpret federal regulations, complete immigration forms and comply with SEVIS reporting requirements; interact with students primarily regarding immigration issues, but also on academic, financial and cultural issues as well.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Designated School Official for F-1 program.
- Issue all initial I-20 documents.
- Process regular SEVIS registration.
- Advise international students regarding immigration and immigration-related issues.
- Advise international students on matters related to academic concerns and cultural adjustment.
- Coordinate Curricular Practical Training applications post-completion Optional Practical Training applications.
- Participate in international student orientation sessions.
- Advocate for international students with representatives from state and federal government agencies regarding immigration issues.
- Maintain appropriate student records and files
- Manage approval process for short term visitor payments.
- All other immigration/advising duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and 1-3 years’ experience preferably in a field related to international education, social sciences, or humanities; prior professional experience at the university/collegiate level, preferably in the field of International Education.
- U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency, required.
- Knowledge of DHS regulations governing F-1 students and SEVIS reporting requirements, preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated intercultural competency; commitment to student service and ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and university representatives from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Prior experience working with and contributing to a diverse workplace with the ability to interact effectively with a broad range of constituents on campus.
- Must be proficient with computer software, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin November 30th. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to [email protected]. Applicants must reference Job code 190267 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
Apply for 190267 - International Student Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly