199205 - Assistant Director of Career Development and LEEP Center Advisor
Assistant Director of Career Development and LEEP Center Advisor
Job Code 199205
Full-time, 40 hours, 12 months
Clark University’s national recognized and awarding wining LEEP Center seeks to fill the position of Assistant Director of Career Development and LEEP Center Advisor. Reporting to the Director of Career Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering comprehensive student internship, career development, and career readiness programming in support of students’ academic, professional, and personal growth; will oversee the overall development, implementation, daily operation, and evaluation of a robust academic internship program, averaging more than 125 placements annually. Additionally, provide leadership for overall internship program evaluation, improvement, expansion and reporting; serve as the employer’s primary point of contact at Clark for academic internships and as a resource for non-credit internships; provide specialized advising and counseling to students regarding career research and job searching.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Included in a range of responsibilities, the Assistant Director will:
- Recruit, verify, and provide individual advising to students interested in pursuing internships.
- Serve as the main point of contact for academic internships, including advising students on opportunities and internship procedures.
- Assemble and maintain files for each participating student including documentation of progress and related paperwork such as resumes, agreement forms, assignments, and employer evaluations.
- Support, consult, and collaborate with internship advisors within the academic departments to provide high quality and academically relevant internship work opportunities and experience.
- Monitor, evaluate, and maintain existing internships; serves as the main point of contact to address reported student and employer complaints.
- Compiles and maintains data for academic internships; prepares reports for relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate annual First Destination Survey data collection for all undergraduates at graduation and 6 months post-graduation according to national best practices.
- Coordinate reporting of first-destination outcomes to internal and external stakeholders as appropriate
- Recommend data collection strategy improvements year over year.
- Supervise student staff as appropriate.
- Participate as a member of LEEP Center staff contributing to University-wide efforts toward student success, experiential education, and successful post-graduation launch through a variety of collaborative activities which may include: advising, professional preparation, external relations, programming and events, and marketing and operations.
- LEEP Center staff may be asked to support the activities of our colleagues in the LEEP Center and in other offices across the University, where appropriate.
- Provide data and information for reports when appropriate, and develops recommendations for consideration and approval.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree, preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience working with undergraduate students and/or experience working in the career services field, required.
- Familiarity with academic advising, career counseling, and/or student development theories, preferred.
- Solid organizational and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, required.
- Must be self-directed with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to organize, analyze, prioritize, and problem-solve within a fast-paced office environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff as well as members of the Clark community; ability to work with large and small groups of students.
- Ability to manage confidential information and sensitive situations.
- Ability to analyze and address the education, personal, and professional needs of students.
- Available to work some nights and weekends.
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, 12 month position with excellent benefits, which include employee and family tuition benefits, 4 weeks’ vacation, generous retirement plan, free use of campus fitness center and many more.
Review of applications will begin November 30, 2018. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Please email résumé and cover letter to [email protected]. Applicants must reference Job code 199205 in the subject line to be considered for this position.
Clark University embraces equal opportunity and affirmative action as core values: we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. This commitment applies to every aspect of education, services, and employment policies and practices at Clark. Our commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. All positions at Clark share in the responsibility for building a community that values diversity and the uniqueness of others by exhibiting integrity and respect in interacting with all members of the Clark community to create an atmosphere of fairness and belonging. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, inclusive of all women, to apply.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
Apply for 199205 - Assistant Director of Career Development and LEEP Center Advisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly