Director of Admissions Recruitment
Since 1890, the University of North Texas (UNT) has been a catalyst for transformation for its students and the North Texas region. UNT is dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience to over 38,000 diverse students while fueling the intellectual, economic, and cultural progress of one of the most dynamic, fastest-growing regions in the United States. A student-focused public research university with an emphasis on sustainability, UNT offers 103 bachelor’s, 86 master’s, and 38 doctoral degree programs, many nationally and internationally recognized. Located in Denton, 36 miles north of Dallas-Fort Worth, UNT is one of the region’s largest and most comprehensive universities, and is growing as an emerging, nationally prominent research institution with 4,900 dedicated faculty and staff members focused on helping students succeed, as well as 400 student organizations, 40 fraternities and sororities, and 137 academic and honor societies.
Reporting to the associate vice president for enrollment, the director will be expected to lead and direct the university recruitment staff and directly supervise the freshmen, transfer, and graduate student recruiters within the Admissions office. The ideal candidate will have broad recruitment experience, appreciate and seek to expand diversity among staff and the student body, and be able to optimize technology to support a strategic, outcomes-focused territory management model. In addition, the following will be expected of the successful candidate:
- develop and execute a comprehensive recruitment plan, addressing both undergraduate and graduate populations, to meet the goals of the university;
- provide continuous evaluation and implement improvements as necessary to keep the recruitment plan effective and successful;
- analyze and report on statistical and comparative data concerning recruitment efforts to enable strategic recruitment and the effective advancement toward university enrollment and retention goals;
- collaborate with the University Relations, Communications, and Marketing (URCM) team to improve and enhance marketing and communication materials and to develop new marketing campaigns;
- provide oversight and creative influence for CRM improvements and advancements;
- work closely with university partners, external constituents, and the admissions leadership team to align processes and efficiently and effectively reach the division’s and university’s enrollment goals;
- advise on and monitor the budget relating to recruitment efforts; and
- continue to stay informed of changing marketplace trends and best practices in recruitment efforts.
A bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) as well as substantial documented professional experience in admissions recruitment and staff management are required. The successful candidate will possess strong and effective written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate and provide complex information to an audience unfamiliar with admissions policies and procedures; the ability to think strategically and analytically in order to formulate, implement, and evaluate innovative approaches, creative solutions, and new systems and procedures to meet organizational objectives; the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a rapidly changing team-based environment; the ability to manage/coordinate personnel; demonstrated initiative; proven leadership ability, goal setting and project management skills; knowledge of recruitment marketing and the ability to interpret marketing data; and the ability to promote excellent interpersonal relationships and collaboratively work with diverse groups of students, staff, faculty, administrators, and community leaders to achieve enrollment goals. Excellent organization, decision-making, problem solving, counseling, and time management skills will be expected.
Review of applications will begin January 4, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. A resume with an accompanying cover letter may be submitted via the Spelman Johnson website at www.spelmanjohnson.com/open-positions. Nominations for this position may be emailed to Kendra E. Dane at [email protected] Applicants needing reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process should contact Spelman Johnson at 413-529-2895.
Visit the University of North Texas website at: www.unt.edu
It is the policy of the UNT System not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, disabled veteran status, or Veterans of the Vietnam Era status, in its educational programs, activities, admission, or employment policies. In addition to complying with federal and state equal opportunity laws and regulations, the UNT System through its Diversity Policy declares harassment that is based on individual differences (including sexual orientation) to be inconsistent with its mission and educational goals. The nondiscrimination and diversity policies are supported by the UNT System’s statement on diversity and specifically incorporate protections for qualified persons with disabilities; a prohibition against sexual harassment, and a prohibition against age limitations.