Manager of Digital Communications
INTEGRATED CONTENT DEVELOPMENT:
- Lead effective, data-driven use of digital communications and engagement tools through close partnership with the dean's office graduate recruitment and enrollment team, advancement and alumni engagement team, and the Colleges departments.
- Work with other members of the dean's office marketing and communications team to develop content and copy and to ensure full digital integration across all marketing initiatives, including collaborating on the development of an editorial calendar with content and distribution plans.
- Manage creation, review processes, and queuing up content for digital communications and assets, including web content, social media, video, email marketing, and digital ads. Establish best practices and propose digital communication policies where necessary, including setting KPIs, analyzing, and reporting on all digital and social initiatives (i.e. web analytics, social media monitoring, etc.)
- Develop and implement a College-wide digital communications plan and strategic direction for the websites and digital presence.
- Serve as primary web manager for the College- and department-level websites, overseeing day-to-day maintenance, managing collaboration with and training of departmental content editors, high-level quality assurance, user experience, and adherence to brand and content guidelines.
- Utilize SEO, link building, web analytics and other digital tactics to drive conversions, improve visitor interactions, and optimize performance and evaluate ROI, in close collaboration with graduate recruitment and enrollment team.
- Manage collaboration with internal and external content editors, designers, developers, and other University staff to ensure sites meet the needs of the departments, College and University
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT:
- Serve as primary social media manager for the College and social media lead for department-level networks, managing efforts to build brand awareness and reputation, increase growth and engagement, and convert users Identify and implement strategic organizational development aspects that would improve content and align the College and departments digital presence (i.e. shared content, audience-specific platforms, Facebook Business Manager, etc.)
- Create, curate and manage a regular publishing schedule, and monitor, listen and respond to social media audiences using a social media management tool (i.e. Agorapulse, Sprout Social, Hootsuite, etc.)
- Manage and coach team of one or more student employees regularly research and stay on top of digital trends and technology to refine digital communications strategy and suggest new initiatives Support other tasks and team members as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to balance creative and analytical approaches to digital communications, ability to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound
- Ability to deliver accurate, thorough and consistent work with acute attention to detail in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated experience in effectively troubleshooting, supporting and/or developing websites and web services
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- At least three (3) years on-the-job experience in digital communications
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in digital marketing, computer science, web and/or graphic design, or a related field
- Five (5) years' experience and at least one (1) year supervisory experience
- Experience working with Drupal CMS
- Experience in photography or video production
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) November 13, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio website link or at least three examples of your work (the system can only accept PDF or Word doc. If you wish to share a link, please save the link to a Word doc and upload)
- Contact information for three references
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law are not taken into account in any employment decision.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.