Bergen Community College is seeking a Library Associate to assist in all operations of Library Access Services and Media Services. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to explaining library policies, procedures and regulations; all Interlibrary Loan functions; assisting faculty and students in the use of computer and multimedia equipment for academic use; assisting patrons in locating materials using online catalog and locating reserve materials; assisting with collection maintenance; helping to supervise student assistants and part-time employees; monitoring the public areas in the library and helping with facility issues; performing Service Desk duties including check-out/check-in of library materials, retrieving and shelving of library materials; performing additional tasks or duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years library experience required.
- Working knowledge of a Library integrated system and experience working with computers and media equipment, and scanners.
- Supervisor experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of activities, policies, and procedure for Interlibrary Loan Services.
- Must possess a strong level of organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with computer and media equipment; email, word,
- Must be driven to provide excellent customer service with ability to handle inquiries and communicate effectively with a diverse population.
- Must be reliable and flexible to work in a fast-paced environment doing multiple tasks and projects.
- Detail oriented self-starter, ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team in a collaborative manner.
- Must have ability to exercise good judgment, as well as, ability to understand and follow established protocols.
- This position has physical components which include, but are not limited to, standing, bending, stopping, pushing; repetitive use of upper extremities including hand coordination activities; clear speech visual and hearing acuity; must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Must be available to work some weekends and other BCC locations as needed.
- Perform additional task or duties as assigned by the Manager of Access Services or other designated management.
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code S-LIBARY), curriculum vitae, salary requirements and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by November 14, 2018. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to [email protected].
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace