Graylyn Manor House
Welcome to Wake Forest University's Staff Career Site. To make sure your application is complete, please do the following:
- IMPORTANT: Load a resume or C.V. first (if available) then upload supporting documents under the "My Experience" section.
- Ensure you have all necessary documents available when starting the process. Once initiated, the application cannot be saved.
- Prior to submitting your application, make sure your candidate profile is current as it will transfer to your application.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the Recruiting team via email at [email protected] or by calling 336-758-4700.
Job Description Summary
Prepares quality beverages while providing timely, accurate, and friendly service.
- Mixes and serves drinks following standard recipes.
- Is familiar with menu items, liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections available.
- Cleans bar area equipment, tools, and supplies; maintains equipment in a good working order.
- Sets-up, provides service, and breakdowns the bars for special events and banquets and the Grille area.
- Inspects food and products from kitchen for quality.
- Assists with inventory counts to maintain par levels.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED and one year related bartending experience in the hospitality industry or restaurant environment, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 21 years of age.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to maintain effective customer relations; ability to present and display professional demeanor at all times.
- Ability to "up-sell" items.
- Ability to present, open, and pour wine; knowledge of fine dining etiquette.
- Working knowledge of beer, wine, liquor, and common drink recipes.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to operate golf carts and vans; ability to meet the requirements of the University's automobile insurance.
- Physical Requirements: medium work; climbing, crouching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing. Visual acuity to determine neatness and thoroughness of work assignments. Subject to both inside and outside activities.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of the Micros operating system.
Additional Job Description
Time Type Requirement
Part time Note to Applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.