Shuttle Bus Driver
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 12,400 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students. UCCS is among the fastest growing universities in the state and is consistently ranked as one of the top Western regional universities by U.S. News & World Report. Colorado Springs, (pop. 400K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and cultural activities and was recently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S. http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/
Nature of Work:
This is a part-time, as-needed position, and is not eligible to receive any of the benefits normally provided to members of the university staff under the standard University of Colorado benefits programs.
Provide and maintain a safe and secure environment in which academic pursuits may flourish, in accordance with established goals of the University of Colorado, through service in the following area: Transportation Services. Provide daily shuttle services for students to and from far parking lots, provide bus services to departments having a need to transport students.faculty/staff to locations not contiguous to the UCCS property.
- Provide safe, dependable transportation on and around the campus area.
- Be available to drive for other drivers that have called in sick or are otherwise unable to work their regular shift.
- Safely assist loading, unloading and securing of disabled passengers in a professional manner
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections with a high degree of accuracy and safety.
- Fuel buses when required.
- Maintain proper passenger counts and related paperwork.
- Use good judgment when the need arises to alter assigned routes due to traffic conditions.
- Be prepared to work any time of day or night, to include weekends.
- Must be flexible to assume other duties as assigned.
- Position is part-time, time off coincides with semester breaks.
- There are no Logs or Overnight trips.
- Drivers are scheduled from 06:30 am - 11:00 p.m. for campus routes. Drivers also are scheduled Charter services 7 days a week.
- Assist with cleaning of vehicles.
- Drug Free Workplace.
- Pre-Employment drug test
- Engagement with campus community regardless of ethnic, racial, political, gender, religious, intellectual background.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Apply related federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Customer service concepts and techniques to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations.
- Techniques for providing excellent service to all customers
- Be able to safely operate 32 foot or longer buses over 25,000 lbs. GVWR
- Drive in a legal and safe manner at all times.
- Provide minor vehicle maintenance such as replacing tail lamps.
- Office duties such as filing paperwork or computer data entry.
Hourly Pay Rate:$15.19
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Maintain a current and valid Colorado DOT Physical Card.
- Maintain a CDL Class A or B with P2 endorsement, no air brake restriction.
- Candidate may be subject to perform a driving exercise in the UCCS bus.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or [email protected] Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:• Posting will remain opened until filled. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Failure to properly attach the required documents; cover letter; resume (CV) and unofficial transcript, will result in automatic disqualification for this position.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40339 - VCAF-AUX-Transportation Srvcs
Posting Date: Oct 30, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Natalie Skaggs
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00001363