Information Technology Training Specialist - University of Illinois Extension (104715)
Information Technology Training Specialist
College of Agricultural Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES)
University of Illinois Extension
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
University of Illinois Extension in the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES) seeks a specialist in information technology (IT) for technology training to fill a full-time, 12-month (calendar year) position. The successful candidate will have primary responsibility for providing training and technology support for statewide Extension services regarding software, content management systems, electronic communications, and distance education for more than 700 Extension employees. In addition, the individual will support the Extension mission through instructional/educational delivery systems, based on a digital first approach.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technology training to UIE staff on campus and in the field across 110+ offices located throughout the state of Illinois; including software, hardware, online tools and web applications. Training programs are conducted on-site, on-campus, and via webinar.
- Develop, coordinate, deliver, and evaluate technical education to end-users.
- Assist in developing training curricula and producing in-house educational materials; including training plans, surveys, tip sheets, newsletters, and in-person evaluations.
- Provide software and hardware diagnostic and support for problem resolution, both onsite and remote.
- Provide technical assistance to Extension campus-based and field staff over a wide geographic area to ensure a quality customer service experience among other duties.
- Evaluate commercial training products for use in self-help and instructor-led teaching. Provide education to staff about online and mobile technologies.
- Lead and manage online education systems and materials for the IT staff.
- Develop and implement professional development plan to regularly improve and grow personal and technical competencies.
- Perform other duties to further the mission of Extension IT as assigned by the Director of IT and Technology Services Manager.
- Comply with Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity policies and guidelines in all aspects of Extension work and responsibilities. Assist Unit staff with data collection for Affirmative Action, Gender, and Targeted reports as needed.
- Significant travel required.
- Work will involve flexible hours.
- Required: Bachelor's Degree. Three years of experience in the development and delivery of technology education, including experience using Windows-based personal computers and computer applications. Three years of experience with mobile technologies and applications. Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite Software, Content Management Systems, and digital content creation tools. (Years of experience may run concurrently.)
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in adult education, distance education or related field. Experience teaching and/or maintaining websites using Drupal, WordPress, or similar CMS is preferred, as is experience with iOS and Android apps and devices, web and video conferencing, audio/video capture and post-production. Experience in end-user support, including hardware and software is preferred. Knowledge of the purpose and mission of Extension and familiarity with subject matter taught by Extension field staff. Excellent communication skills, demonstrated excellence in customer service, and project management skills.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION:
This position is a full-time, benefits-eligible, civil service Information Technology Technical Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION:
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (transcripts - unofficial are accepted, or diploma) by November 13, 2018. An online application will require names and contact information including email addresses for three references. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for the position. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Ashley Grilo ([email protected]).
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: ACES - Extension
Title: Information Technology Training Specialist - University of Illinois Extension (104715)
Open Date: 10/30/2018
Close Date: 11/13/2018
Organization Name: Extension IT