Professional Research Asst
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Nature of Work:
The Barbara Davis Center (BDC) for Childhood Diabetes at the University of Colorado Denver is a multi-disciplinary diabetes center affiliated with the University of Colorado, School of Medicine. The patient population spans the ages 1 to 70 years with either type 1 or type 2 diabetes. The BDC also serves as a clinical center for TrialNet, an international, multi-center research organization with the goal of understanding the pathophysiology of type 1 diabetes as well as finding ways to prevent type 1 diabetes. Additionally we have many treatment and prevention industry sponsored clinical trials.
This is a part-time to full-time (32-40 hours per week) Professional Research Assistant-RN position at the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes for a NIH funded multi-site clinical trial (TrialNet). This position involves coordinating and running clinical trials in type 1 diabetes.
This position reports to the Clinical Research Manager (Hali Broncucia) and the Investigators; Peter Gottlieb, MD and Andrea Steck, MD. This position requires a collaborative relationship with Co-Investigators and the research study team.
Supervision of student workers as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a position requiring an enthusiasm for medical research and knowledge or interest in diabetes. The candidate will be self-directed, detail-oriented, and adaptable in a high-intensity research environment involving multiple NIH and industry sponsored pharmaceutical research studies. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also required. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Work on NIH and Industry sponsored clinical trials in type 1 diabetes
- Identify, recruit, and enroll patients for clinical studies, educating them on the details of participation and on factors related to diabetes
- Responsible for the daily requirements and overall management of specific clinical research protocols while monitoring the safety and well-being of all study participants
- Conduct study visits, including participant interviews, phlebotomy, IV placement and data collection
- Data entry, organization and management of research files and supplies
- Administration of IV medicines via infusion pump or IM and SQ injections
- Monitoring of vital signs and recognizing clinically significant abnormalities
- Sample processing and shipment
- Comply with all institutional policies and clinical trial regulations, including IRB, FDA documents and correspondence
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of all protocols being carried out
- Composing patient letters and conducting patient phone calls
- Facilitate study related travel and visits for patients that live out of state
- Participate in study meetings and trainings as required.
- Willing and able to travel on occasion
- Coordinate payment of study expenses, such as medical service fees, IRB fees and study subject payments
- Work collaboratively and help with periodic cross-coverage of other PRA staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This position requires good interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated ability to work under pressure, the ability to multitask and the willingness to learn and comply with relevant laws, rules, regulations and policies.
All listed under Duties and Responsibilities
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
You must apply online at https://www.cu.edu/cu-careers
You must attach:
1) A letter of application (cover letter) which specifically addresses the job requirement and outlines qualifications
2) A current CV/resume
3) The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three (3) professional references.
- Bachelors of Sciences degree in Nursing and current Colorado RN license.
- Current BLS certification
- Experience with IVs (both adult and pediatric)
- Clinical diabetes experience and CDE certification preferred
- Minimum 1-year work experience in a clinical research setting preferred
- Experience working with physicians desirable
- Experience and knowledge of working with regulatory aspects of clinical trials a plus
This position works Monday-Friday and occasional weekends based on the research subject and/or recruitment event schedules. The position will be located at the Barbara Davis Center on the University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical campus in Aurora, CO.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 15038
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20061 - SOM-Barbara Davis Center
Posting Date: Oct 30, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Talisha Bell
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00755891