Instructional Design Consultant
Instructional Design Consultant
Instructional Design Cnsltnt
Learn Enhanc Assess & Redesign - 110220
Is this an internal posting only?
Mon - Fri, 8am - 5pm
The Center for Learning Enhancement, Assessment, and Redesign (CLEAR) supports the University's goals of providing the best undergraduate educational experience in Texas and providing a superior graduate education by working closely with faculty to maximize their teaching effectiveness regardless of mode of instructional delivery. We assist faculty in the design and delivery of courses as well as the measurement of learning at the class, department, and college level. We serve as the liaison for various administrative and technical support functions, thereby saving faculty's time, talent, and creative energies for their students. We provide leadership in the development of polices and the exploration of innovative tools and techniques that promote teaching excellence.
CLEAR supports the UNT teaching community through workshops, seminars, conferences, individual consultations, and the resources available on the CLEAR website with emphasis on aligning theory and practice for the roles required of university instructors in lecture halls, seminar rooms, virtual classrooms and labs across all disciplines.
The Center for Learning Enhancement, Assessment, and Redesign (CLEAR) Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Instructional Design Consultant to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Provide advice, assistance, and support for university faculty who design, develop, and deliver courses in the online learning environment.
* Meet regularly with instructors to guide them through the process of designing online instruction.
* Responsible for coordinating the project task workflow associated with developing the course-ware and provides training for the faculty members on software programs that are used in the delivery of traditional, blended, and fully online courses.
* Knowledge of instructional design as well as best practices in the delivery of online instruction.
* Skill in managing project tasks and meeting deadlines.
* Mastery of several instructional technologies.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Master's Degree in Instructional Design or related field and three years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Working knowledge of learning and instructional design theories.
* Working knowledge of college level courseware and ability to apply that understanding to course development.
* Ability to design, develop, and implement instructional multimedia products.
* Demonstrated skill in application of current technologies (desktop applications, internet, multimedia).
* Ability to apply proficient writing skills to author courseware.
* Knowledge of Fair Use and copyright issues that apply to online course delivery.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience designing and/or delivering online courses at the university level.
* Experience working with university faculty.
* Experience with Blackboard and Canvas.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting