Administrative Office Coordinator
Requisition # 2018-9532
Category Administrative Support
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Department of Chemistry at Princeton University, a vibrant department of nearly 350 faculty, staff, researchers and students, seeks an energetic individual for the Administrative Office Coordinator (AOC) position. This position manages the main departmental office area, distributes communications and serves as the primary point of contact for all general departmental business. The AOC coordinates all research and recruiting seminars, from scheduling to logistics, and organizes many other department events and activities. This is a key position that requires an individual who is highly organized and takes initiative.
In addition, the AOC carries out aspects of the business processes of the Graduate Program, including responsibilities for student support, corporate recruiting, student prizes, exams and student seminars, while also assisting with graduate program events, as needed. The AOC also coordinates the department's industrial affiliates program.
- Organizes all research seminars and faculty recruiting visits, including logistics, travel, faculty schedules, communications and travel reimbursements.
- Assists with annual departmental research retreat planning and other events, including handling space reservations, building services requests, vendor communications, registrations, set-up, etc.
- Coordinates departments industrial affiliates program, including communicating with industrial partners, processing memberships and program benefits, and maintaining participant data.
- Supports summer undergraduate research program, processing stipend payments and travel reimbursements, handling catering, tracking student research spending and purchasing lab supplies.
- Processes graduate student support in University systems, administers payment of student prizes and awards, and manages student travel grants and reimbursements.
- Supports graduate program manager with other financial duties, as needed.
- Schedules graduate generals exams, including faculty availability, compiles exam documents and proctors exams.
- Schedules graduate student weekly seminars, ensuring advisors are available.
- Assists with other graduate program events on an as needed basis.
- Coordinates corporate graduate student recruiting events, scheduling visits, interacting with students to obtain CVs and research statements, and preparing interview schedules.
- Organizes and distributes routine departmental communications, managing distribution lists, directories and contacts; provides building access; greets visitors and responds to inquiries. Other duties, as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or high school diploma and equivalent work experience;
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task while focusing on priorities;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Must take initiative, remain calm under pressure, and a sense of humor is helpful;
- Attention to detail, accuracy and ability to set priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to interact diplomatically with all levels of university administration;
- Should enjoy working collaboratively as part of an administrative team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain and update websites in Drupal and Wordpress;
- Basic understanding of budgets and financial statements;
- Familiarity with University systems, including PeopleSoft, Concur, Information Warehouse, Labor Accounting.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.