(Revised: Regular Full-Time Status) NSTX Machine Metrology Engineer
Requisition # 2018-9534
Department PPPL Engineering and Infrastrc
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
(Revised: Regular Full-Time Status)
As an engineer experienced in metrology, provide well rounded knowledge of the measuring equipment and data acquisition. Capable of post processing of collected data in a manner customized to various needs of the Project on components, and systems, considering the impact of stack up of tolerances and errors and uncertainties in measurement.
- Be able to lay out a plan for metrology and supervise implementation as needed to ensure proper data gathering techniques are followed and data is usable.
- Have well based knowledge of statistics and characterization of large number of data points, as appropriate for baselining and comparison against idealized state.
- Be able to generate and use 3D models and 2 D drawings and other documents to interpret engineering drawings, sketches, procedures and specifications to determine how best to perform measurements; and present results.
- Use unique approaches in set up and plan of the job to ensure quality of data and timely completion of the job.
- Participate in design reviews and offer feedback on feasibility of data acquisition and accuracy of metrology data and subsequent iterations
- Design necessary fixtures and or attachments for specific tasks.
- Participate as a team member in complex projects to satisfy metrology needs in experimental areas.
- Use pertinent software to store, display and analyze data.
- Document results in appropriate format such that it is representative and shows the deviations appropriately.
- Follow approved procedures for creating drawings, Non Conformance Report and Engineering Work Packages.
- Supervise small teams of technicians performing metrology work in experimental areas as needed.
Mechanical Engineering degree with proven experience in metrology; BS degree in other science and engineering disciplines with at least 4 years of experience in use of high accuracy metrology equipment and post processing and spatial analysis of data; Knowledge of Data Sciences highly desirable.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are, therefore, unable or limited in your ability to use or access this system, you can request a reasonable accommodation by calling a Human Resources team member at (609) 258-2101.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to Princeton University careers site.