Undergraduate Grad Evaluator
Job ID: 24729
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 3082
Department: Office of the Registrar
Classification: Student Services Professional II
Anticipated Salary: $4,062/month - $4,143/month
Salary Range: $4,057/month - $5,769/month
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
Reporting to and receiving work lead direction from the Associate Registrar for Undergraduate Graduation Evaluation, the undergraduate graduation evaluator provides student service professional services, while working independently to achieve specified outcomes. The Undergraduate Graduation Evaluator is responsible for complex tasks regarding all processes related to the work distribution, communications, and processes for all graduation candidacy verification, processing and awarding of degrees. This position provides audit and analysis, and assessment for students attempting to complete Title 5, CSU and University requirements relating to undergraduate baccalaureate degree requirements which require a high level of professional judgment. This position also serves as a liason to the college success centers and campus departments in providing degree related information for effective advising of university, major, minor, residency and honors requirements.The objective in all interactions is to provide information regarding policies and procedures, to suggest actions, to develop and recommend solutions which will address issues, and to establish cordial and collegial relationships with those contacting the Office of the Registrar. This position also provides graduation workshops to graduating students and advisors.
Education and Experience
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in one of the behavioral sciences, public or business administration or a job related field and two years of professional experience in one of the student services program areas or in a related field. A masters degree in a job related field may be substituted for one year of the professional experience.
- Masters Degree
- 4 years of professional work experience in a higher education environment in areas of operations such as records, graduation, admissions, advising in a large size institution.
- Experience in involving data review and analysis in a fast paced environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of software applications: word processing, spreadsheet, database management.
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment.
- Ability to handle multiple and complex work priorities, organize and plan work, and projects.
- Ability to reason logically solve organizational and operation problems of one or several program areas and recognize specific college needs.
- Ability to interpret and apply program rules and regulations.
- Ability to use initiative and resourcefulness in planning work assignments and in implementing long-range program improvements.
- Ability to collect, compile, analyze, and evaluate data and make verbal or written presentations based on these data.
- Ability to advise students individually and in groups on routine matters where required.
- Ability to identify conflict, problem solve, and resolve student problems and concerns in the most efficient manner possible.
- Ability to use tact and sensitivity to ensure students understanding of complex information.
- Thorough knowledge of university methods, procedures and practices; English grammar, business writing, punctuation and spelling.
- Strong oral and written communication and critical thinking skills.
August 31, 2018
Application Screening begins 9/17/2018.
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material:
Letter of interest
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Note To Applicant
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046