Student Recruitment and Community Outreach
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Student Recruitment and Community Outreach
Job Description Summary
Job Title: Student Recruitment and Community Outreach
Position #: S05033
Montgomery College, Workforce Development & Continuing Education Central Administration Department, Rockville, Takoma Park/Silver Spring, off campus (Westfield and Gaithersburg Business Training Center), has an immediate need for a part-time Student Recruitment and Community Outreach. The work schedule is 20 hours/week, may include evening and weekend hours. This is a non-bargaining, non-exempt position, grade 23. For non-exempt positions, you are not eligible to work a secondary job at Montgomery College.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.
Under supervision and/or direction, incumbents in this job class are responsible for implementing student outreach for the Adult ESOL and Basic Skills for College and Careers (AEBSCC) unit. Recruitment plan includes in person outreach, institutional representation, partnerships with local high schools, community organizations, businesses, churches, and educational programs to engage with underserved and underrepresented communities and their leaders.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Participate in community programs (such as community fairs, business expos, community information sessions, career fairs, AELG sites) to provide information about the programs funded under the AEBSCC unit.
- Schedule and conduct program orientation, presentations, and outreach activities, including AEBSCC classes, non-profit partners, American Job Center, and other community partners. Make presentations regarding the programs, services, and requirements for participation.
- Provide effective outreach to businesses and community organizations, providing information on program offerings.
- Provide information to prospective students, community organizations and business concerning admissions, requirements and registration processes for the IELCE/IET and MI-BEST classes.
- Engage program partners and other community groups to recruit eligible students into classes.
- Refer clients and potential students to appropriate programs and course offerings.
- Maintain and update social media platforms with program information, dates, class offerings, and requirements for participation.
- Maintain records on number of presentations, information sessions, workshops and appointments conducted, participation rates, and evaluations.
- Maintain logs of issues encountered, resolutions and student referrals.
- Collect and maintain prospective student and community groups information for outreach purposes.
- Work with marketing and graphics staff, to conceptualize, design and produce flyers and other program information/marketing documents to use in outreach activities.
- Train others as needed to provide information and student recruitment sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in a related field, and/or any combination of education, training and experience providing understanding of the field and the ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Three years of progressively responsible customer service, general office, enrollment, admissions and/or recruiting experience in an institute of higher learning or similar environment.
- Thorough knowledge of recruitment methods, procedures and techniques, and effective methods of publicity and communication as applied to recruitment programs for institutes of higher learning.
- Knowledge of MS Office, email, project/time management, and Internet applications.
- Excellent leadership, customer service, organizational and presentation skills as well as the ability to lead, instruct, train, guide and motivate others.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Experience with social media platforms for outreach and marketing.
- Experience working with English learners and low literacy populations.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a second language other than English.
- Experience conducting presentations and delivering information in an easy to understand format to populations with limited English proficiency.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- Online applications must be received by November 13, 2018.
- For consideration, you must include dates of employment in your application or attachment.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: [email protected]
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
About UsI am proud of the work of Montgomery College. It is a remarkable organization, focused on student excellence, equity, and inclusion. We are intentionally building a college that takes responsibility for equitable outcomes and successful pathways for all of our students.
I am committed to hiring faculty, staff, and employees who embrace this vision-and who reflect the diversity of our college community. Our students come to us from more than 160 countries, joining a student body that reflects a changing America, rich in cultural and geographic difference. We are proud of our diversity and our excellence in academic affairs, student affairs, operations, and community advancement.
I am looking for bold, innovative, and courageous faculty and staff to join the outstanding employees of Montgomery College. Are you uncompromising in your focus on student success? Are you rigorous in your attention to equitable outcomes for all students? Do you embrace data, technology, and innovation? Can you stretch to meet the needs of today's and tomorrow's students?
We are truly a unique college. For 70 years, Montgomery College has been on the leading edge, and we intend to stay there. We believe deeply in the mission of community colleges, and we are committed to empowering our students to change their lives and to enrich the life of the community. We hold ourselves accountable for the results.
If any of this resonates with you, I welcome your consideration of the employment announcement below. Make your move-and I look forward to working with you at Montgomery College.
DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D.
President, Montgomery College
OC - Westfield Shoppingtown