Director for the Center For Mathematics, Science, & Technology
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 10-24-2018
The Center for Mathematics Science and Technology (CeMaST) promotes excellence in education and research in STEM-based disciplines so that students from diverse backgrounds, pre-K - Ph.D., can thrive in a STEM-based world. The mission of CeMaST is to stimulate, conduct, and support integrated science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education activities and scholarship. The Center aims for state and national visibility and to enhance its positive, high profile. The primary purposes of the Center are to; identify and secure funding for STEM-based initiatives; support STEM-based disciplines; advocate for STEM-based education and public policy; foster the advancement of underrepresented groups in STEM-based disciplines; conduct professional development; develop standards-based curricula in STEM-based disciplines; and in conjunction with the Center's Associate Directors, develop and implement strategic planning to accomplish the goals of CeMaST. These goals are aligned with Illinois State University's strategic plan, Educate ~ Connect ~ Elevate 2018 -- 2023 (http://strategicplan.illinoisstate.edu).
1. Possess an earned doctorate in a STEM-based, STEM education discipline, or related area.
2. Expertise in science education, mathematics education, engineering education, technology education, or related area.
3. Must qualify for a tenure-stream or tenured faculty position at Illinois State University.
4. Teaching experience.
5. Demonstrated scholarship in the improvement of STEM education.
6. Successful experience in obtaining and administering private, state, and/or nationally-funded projects.
7. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.