Administrative Analyst - Records and Registration
Admissions Records and Registration
Proposed Salary Range
Type of Employment: Staff
Employment Status: Full time (29-40 Hrs)
The Administrative Analyst is responsible for conducting special research studies, analyzing data, preparing statistics, making recommendations based on research findings, and monitoring and coordinating project/program activities. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates development of University bulletin and course catalog and associated materials (e.g. maintaining course inventory in student information system, updating website accordingly, researching new methodologies for implementation to improve usability and functionality of the bulletin.)
- Attends curriculum implementation meetings and assists academic areas with validating curriculum, providing advisory recommendations on behalf of the Registrar’s Office
- Assists in maintenance of degree evaluation systems, check sheets, degree plans and additional methods used to assist students with the graduation process. Maintains Registrar’s Office social media accounts and section of the University’s website, working with academic areas to ensure information is accurate, up-to-date, and user-friendly
- Composes strategic correspondence to send to students in regard to various events and deadlines
- Develops, maintains, and updates: procedures, manuals for various student information system functions, and various fliers and training materials.
- Assists with training departments on student information systems and Registrar’s Office functions, registration events, and provides expertise related to course requirements for assisting departments in registering students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of planning, research, and analysis techniques and procedures, department operations, policies, and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, and basic accounting principles.
Ability to plan and execute systems and organizational analysis and feasibility studies, conduct research and perform quantitative quality assurance reviews, research, prepare, and present comprehensive written and oral reports, and organize and conduct meetings and workshops.
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Additional hours as requested and/or needed
Regular and reliable attendance
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Adobe inDesign, and Microsoft Office Suite or comparable software. Experience with social media platform. Copyediting experience preferred. Basic knowledge of content management systems and HTML. Close attention to detail needed.
The formal education equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, General Business, or a related field.
Additional requirements determined by the agency for recruiting purposes require review and approval by the Office of Personnel Management.
Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or parts of these basic requirements, except for certification or licensure requirements, upon approval of the qualifications review committee.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.