Contact Center Representative I
Contact Center Representative I
Position Number: 10043816
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 09/25/2018
Salary Minimum: $15.87 / hour
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Contact Center Representative I. The Contact Center Representative works closely with all areas of UNG IT in providing fast, friendly, dependable and customer-oriented services to support users of technology in every aspect of university life at UNG. The Contact Center Representative is responsible for brokering IT services with other IT units to ensure continuity of best practices and support methods and assists in maintaining various communication channels. The Contact Center Representative may handle a high volume of inbound or outbound calls, while speaking with, listening to, and creating a positive outcome for all customers. Contact Center Represesentatives follow standard operating procedures to assist callers with inquiries, requests and difficulties, based on ITIL best practices. The successful Contact Center Representative will be customer-focused, detailed oriented, and operate efficiently. Additonally, the representative will be polite, relible, knowledgeable in areas of IT and University operations, and adaptable.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Contact Center Representative will:
- Manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner. Identify customers' needs as they related to IT, clarify information, and escalate information in a timely and professional manner.
- Follow established troubleshooting methodologies and procedures. Establish professional relationships with customers. Keep records of all conversations in the chosen ITSM utility. Works closely with all units of IT, to ensure continuity of best practices and support methods among the campus community.
- Identify training opportunities and assist with knowledge base documentation, FAQ's, reports, maintenance of online service catalog and social media engagement. Provides first contact user assistance to faculty, staff, and students.
- Pursue professional development in IT as it relates to your position by way of higher education, technical and communications training, and industry recognized certifications. Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of ITIL standards for service delivery, service management, and support.
- Knowledge of incident management and problem management.
- Knowledge of Windows and Macintosh operating systems and peripheral installation and support.
- Knowledge of PC networking in a Windows environment.
- Knowledge of desktop/laptop/mobile systems and remote support.
- Strong verbal communication and active listening skills
- Customer focused and adaptability to different personality types; Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Strong time management and decision making skills.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- One year of previous customer support and one year of general IT experiencing including trouble-shooting and problem resolution or an equivalent combination of education, certification and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above.
- ITIL or A+ certificate desired.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.