LVN, UNT Dallas Student Health
Requisition Number STA - 201000000677
Job Title LVN, UNT Dallas Student Health
The Family Medicine Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a LVN to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Work in an ambulatory care clinic with telemedicine services.
- Responsible for providing clinical services of triaging sick students to physician or advance practice provider.
- Conducting nursing assessments of students.
- Performs triage on telephones.
- Provide patient education.
- Returns patient calls according to policy and documents all patient call encounters.
- Assist provider during clinical and telemedicine visit.
- Completes physician orders on a daily basis without error.
- Verifies lab, x-ray and other reports.
- May obtain blood and/or other specimens for lab test, give injections when requested.
- Completes patient forms as necessary utilizing the Electronic Medical Record.
- Possesses the ability to work as a team member and has the ability to maintain a positive attitude, cohesive work environment, and enthusiasm to assist in performing quality delivery of healthcare.
- Adapts to procedures for individual/clinic needs without jeopardizing patient safety and quality of care.
- Maintains good, positive working relationship with physicians and staff members.
- Follows all departmental and organizational policies and procedures with regard to patient safety, quality management, infection control, and human resources.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and two (2) years of related experience. A valid Texas LVN License and a current CPR (BLS) certificate are required.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
- Work performed indoors in office or clinical setting, frequent exposure to disease-bearing specimens.
- Frequent walking and lifting up to 20 lbs.; occasional kneeling, stooping, pushing, pulling; manual dexterity frequently required; rarely lifting 25-100 lbs.
Driving University Vehicle? No
Substitution of Experience/Education No
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
This position will be based out of UNT Dallas and to be considered for the position, please apply using the following link:
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)