The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
The Information Technology department is seeking a Trainer. The trainer oversees the training of internal operations personnel and coordinates external training sessions. Moreover, an employee in this position keeps records of training levels and maintains schedules of training activities, both internal and external, for all operations personnel.
1. Conducts ERP computer training needs assessment by collecting information pertaining to work procedures and workflow.
2. Prepares training plans according to the needs identified and provides training to end users.
3. Creates and maintains tools utilized as part of the overall training plan.
4. Ensures transfer of knowledge and post-training follow-up.
5. Carries out functional testing during updates.
6. Produces and keeps documentation up-to-date.
7. Instructs participants in both classroom lectures and group sessions.
8. Follows up to determine applicability of course materials.
9. Consults with existing users to enhance utilization of the ERP software and increase customers’ operational efficiencies.
10. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required.
• Minimum two years of relevant experience. Any appropriate combination of relevant education, certifications and/or work experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
• Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
• Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
• Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
• Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
• Commitment to the University’s core values.
• Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
Apply online at www.miami.edu/careers
Position #: P100003740
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information-https://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/employment-laws-eo/index.html]]>