DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT FOR CORPORATE FOUNDATION RELATIONS
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT FOR CORPORATE FOUNDATION RELATIONS
Posting Number: SRGV3618
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Scope of Job:
Develops, plans, and implements the strategic plan to strengthen relationships between UTRGV and targeted companies and/or foundations, with the goal of securing philanthropic support and research investments. Leads the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies of the university, particularly in the area of corporate and foundation fundraising.
Description of Duties:
• Designs, implements, and manages a comprehensive and proactive development plan focused on expanding and enhancing corporate and foundation relationships by directing and coordinating activities related to obtaining corporate and foundation funding support for the university.
• Identifies emerging business leadership and industry trends with a special emphasis on developing high value-exchange corporate alliances; identifies, evaluates, cultivates and solicit five- and particularly six figure (and larger) philanthropic commitments to support the mission and goals of the University.
• Works closely with Alumni Relations staff, development directors, and other university representatives to create opportunities to build awareness among corporate and foundation constituencies in order to build and significantly expand positive fund-raising relationships.
• Identifies key alumni within corporations/foundation and review corporate profiles that suggest potential relationships because of common interests.
• Advises faculty, administrators, and staff on corporate and foundation areas of interest, cultivation of corporate and foundations special requirements in the development and presentation of proposals.
• Initiates opportunities for faculty, administrators, and deans to interact with corporate and foundation prospects and interpret corporate and foundation interests to university constituencies.
• Works directly with the campus development directors and deans/faculty to develop new approaches to foundations and corporations and coordinate these contacts to initiate the cultivation/fundraising process.
• Develops highly competitive proposals for corporate and foundation prospects and leverage diverse corporate and foundation goals and preferences in conjunction with university goals.
• Maintains a rigorous schedule of contacts with corporate and foundation representatives, creating moves management plans related to them, compelling presentations and comprehensive fundraising proposals.
• Monitors proposal deadlines, prepares and edits proposals, and manages proposal submissions.
• Maintains high quality stewardship process for active corporate and foundation prospects and donors; ensures that stewardship and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful partnerships by maintaining detailed records of solicitation activities.
• Supervises the daily operations, including budget, and support staff.
• Will act as divisional representative in appointed task force, committees, events, or meetings
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from Associate Vice President for Development.
General direction of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Master’s degree from an accredited university.
Seven (7) years of demonstrated successful corporate and/or foundation fundraising experience, or experience obtained in a leadership position within the business/finance area in a public facing role.
Corporation and foundation relations experience in higher education development role or in a comparably complex organization with fundraising responsibilities.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual office environment. Must have ability and willingness to work evening and/or weekend hours as needed. Regular travel is required within the Lower Rio Grande Valley and occasional out of town travel.
Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals are essential. Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances. Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective corporate and foundation donors, and interact via telephone and in person with institutional representatives. Demonstrated ability to take primary responsibility for diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision. Work venues vary from office, to social events, to presentations, to large and small meetings and interactions with individuals, involving a variety of environments. While limited physical exertion is involved, considerable mental and emotional pressures exist. The ability to coordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously and handle tension and stress in a positive manner is required. Well-developed capabilities in conceptualization, problem solving, attention to detail and task completion.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 10/29/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/19497
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency