Annual Giving Program Assistant
Annual Giving Program Assistant
University of Puget Sound
Job ID: 4483
Location: Annual Giving Office
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Appointment: Regular, part-time (0.9 FTE) position. This position works year-round over a 12 month period.
The Annual Giving Program Assistant facilitates the administrative, mail (direct mail and email) and data reporting efforts of the Office of Annual Giving. This position supports a wide range of complex administrative operations including implementing, coordinating and monitoring departmental projects, data analysis and data integrity. This position works closely with all members of the annual giving team and assists in supervising student employees.
- Oversee daily office functions.
- Oversee the department's incoming main line, email accounts and paper mail.
- Support the production of all solicitation, stewardship and reminder materials (direct mail, email, phonathon).
- Run key constituent solicitation, recruitment and fundraising software.
- Support the Annual Giving Office Manager with scheduled and ad hoc reporting needs.
- Support the director and assistant directors with volunteer and prospect management (prepare visit materials, visit reports, contact reports and training materials.).
- Coordinate department budget, track and pay invoices and assist in developing the quarterly budget variance reports.
- Process information using various applications including Microsoft Office Suite, specifically in Excel.
- Edit and update department's web presence.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Oversee student workers.
- Coordinate with Career and Employment Services on hiring and management.
- Provide training for processes and equipment.
- Manage student schedules and workflow to meet deadlines and help achieve departmental goals.
- Monitor accounts.
- Prepare monthly budget reports.
- Track and pay invoices.
- Coordinate the quarterly Budget Variance Report.
- The successful candidate must be able to work independently as well as in a team. Have the ability to multi-task while setting priorities, and adjusting as necessary, with minimal guidance in order to meet all deadlines and achieve successful outcomes. The successful candidate must posse strong interpersonal and customer service skills, be detail oriented, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Associates degree or equivalent AND two years of full-time clerical experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community.
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
- We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
- We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
Compensation and Benefits: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
This position is non-exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices--services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/.
Application Deadline: Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified. Interested individuals are encouraged to submit application materials no later than November 12, 2018 to ensure consideration.
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
- Letter of Interest
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency