Customer Service Representative - Financial Aid
This position performs clerical and customer service duties in support of Financial Aid Office operations.
- Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance.
- Assists students and parents with information related to financial aid policies and procedures.
- Enters student information into the financial aid computerized database.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence; responds to email inquiries.
- Opens and distributes incoming mail.
- Maintains a variety of forms and hand-outs.
- Maintains office supply inventory; reorders as needed.
- Maintains department files and records.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of university and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
- Skill in the use of such office equipment as a computer, scanner, fax machine, and copier.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The Director of Financial Aid assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include university and department policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of related clerical and customer service duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to provide clerical and customer service support for department operations. Successful performance helps ensure the efficiency of department operations.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other university employees, students, potential students, parents, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, walking, bending or crouching. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- More one year of related experience required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.