This position is responsible for providing administrative support for the operations of the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs Office.
- Provides administrative and clerical support to the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Monitors and balances division budgets.
- Prepares agendas, budget spreadsheets, and information needed for meetings.
- Maintains office supply inventory; reorders as needed.
- Makes travel arrangements for Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Makes arrangements for Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs conferences and special events.
- Maintains Center files and records.
- Transcribes, types, checks, and proofreads dictation.
- Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance; refers to appropriate personnel.
- Prepares reports, correspondence and memoranda.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of college and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
- Skill in the management of files and records.
- Skill in the use of such office equipment as a computer, scanner, fax machine, and copier.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
Guidelines include the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, the Title III Policies and Procedures Manual, the Academic Advisement Resource Manual. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of related administrative duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for the operations of the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs Office.
- Successful performance helps ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs Office operations.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other university employees, students, and vendors.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, walking, bending, or crouching. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY
This position may supervise student workers as assigned.
- Associate's degree required.
- More than one year of related experience required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.