Director, Compensation, HRIS and Project Management
The Director of Compensation, HRIS and Project Management provides leadership and oversight for strategic alignment of Human Resource initiatives and project team areas (which includes compensation, human resources information systems and project management). This position is responsible for the coordination, direction and supervision of daily activities that cover the overall design, implementation, communication, administration of the organization's compensation, human resources information systems, project planning and implementation and vendor/contract negotiations and management. In addition, the position ensures that programs and projects meet all legal requirements; works closely with internal/external customers to develop and execute well-defined short and long-term strategies to attract, reward and retain top talent, and identify and participate in process re-design efforts to gain efficiencies and increase customer satisfaction levels throughout the university.
- Bachelor in Business or related field required.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Human Resources in a leadership role
- 5 years' experience in each of the following areas: compensation, human resource information systems and project management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have the ability to as well as meet the requirements to complete and maintain mandatory training per the University mandatory training policy pursuant to the deadlines set forth therein.
- Knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulations that affect human resources
- Working knowledge of compensation and human resource information systems practices.
- Proficient with analytical and statistical tools and PC programs, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven ability to gauge effectiveness of the organization's compensation program and translate data into solutions to continually improve programs and practices.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, designing and implementation of projects.
- Ability to think strategically and objectively.
- Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and plans.
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences.
- Goal oriented and possesses the ability to prioritize on a consistent basis in an ever-changing environment.