Instructor or Assistant Professor (tenure track) in Media Communication
The Department of Communication at West Texas A&M University invites applications for an Instructor or Assistant Professor (tenure track) in Media Communication. The Department of Communication has an enrollment of over 300 students in both Communication Studies and Mass Communication. Excellent facilities within the Department of Communication include an HD-TV studio, a news studio, computer labs for media design and media writing, and an FCC licensed radio station. For more information about the university and the department, please see our website at www.wtamu.edu
- A Masters in Mass Communication or a related field is required for appointment as an instructor, fixed term.
- A PhD in Mass Communication or a related field is required for appointment as an Assistant Professor, tenure track.
- The successful applicant should have an established record of successful teaching at the undergraduate level and expertise in teaching a variety of mass communication courses at the undergraduate level (such as, but not limited to media law, media ethics, media research, media theory, media design).
- Experience teaching graduate classes is preferred.
- Experience with online course development and delivery is a plus.
Applicants should indicate evidence of research in an area of expertise, commitment to media convergence, the ability to assist/advise student organizations as needed, and a willingness to assist with academic advising and service on departmental, college and university committees.
Applicant Instructions: Please include the following with your application:
- Curriculum Vitae listing all research, instructional experience and professional service experience.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g. student evaluations, peer evaluations)
- Transcripts from all universities attended
- Three letters of recommendation
Applicants will upload all materials at: https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/WTAMU_External