Supervisor, Custodial Services
Supervisor, Custodial Services
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 11/15/2018
The Facilities Department of the West Valley-Mission Community College District is seeking a talented individual to fill the position of Supervisor, Custodial Services.
Comprised of two colleges, West Valley College and Mission College, we are located in the heart of Silicon Valley. Our staff and faculty are among the most qualified in the state and our students appreciate our two colleges for our friendly staff and supportive atmosphere.
The purpose of this position is to plan, organize, direct, and supervise night shift custodial operations within the facilities department; and to perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
Applicants who possess the knowledge, skills, and life experiences to address the cultural and educational needs of a culturally diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
100% of full time, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year, with anticipated start date of January 28, 2019. Schedule may change to include some evening or weekend hours, as needed. This position is a member of the Supervisors Unit (Teamsters Local 856).
Work Location: West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
This position has the following shift:
- Monday-Thursday, 10:00PM - 6:00AM
- Friday, 4:00PM - 12:00AM
Salary and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range:
- $5,623-$6,191 monthly (Supervisors Salary Schedule, Range 15, Steps A-C).
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse and dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Employer-provided life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 22 days vacation leave accrued annually (24 days after 7 years).
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Educational growth incentive program from $40 to $200 monthly.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalPERS retirement.
- Position is union affiliated.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
1.Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college with major coursework in a general education or a related field.
3. Four years of increasingly responsible experience in custodial services, including one year providing technical and functional supervision over assigned staff.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; establish schedules and methods for performance of custodial functions; implement policies and procedures.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, and review the work of staff involved in night shift custodial work on a college campus.
- Evaluate operations and activities of assigned responsibilities; recommend improvements and modifications; prepare various reports on operations and activities.
- Participate in budget preparation and administration; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; monitor and control expenditures.
- Participate in the selection of staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures.
- Distribute materials and supplies to custodial staff on campus grounds; prepare requisitions and order supplies.
- Coordinate requests for set up and moving of furniture and equipment for special events; schedule large, periodic custodial assignments such as carpet or window cleaning.
- Conduct daily campus and building inspections in order to maintain a safe and sanitary environment; report unsafe conditions and submit work orders for needed repairs.
- Answer questions and provide information to students, staff, administrators and others; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency