Employer & Alumni Relations Coordinator
General Statement of Duties:
This position is to develop, engage and maintain partnership with employers and alumni in a wide range of industries to increase experiential and employment opportunities for students and alumni. The position will primarily serve alumni and employers to positively impact student outcomes and post-graduation career success.
Specific Duties Preformed:
- Plan and host career and professional development events: Career Explo, In-City Interview Program, Job Pursuit, Living and Working in Series, Academic department alumni networking events and the Community Breakfast.
- Support Career and Internship Ambassador Program for faculty, parents, alumni and administrators to promote opportunities to students.
- Represent Alma College through involvement in the Michigan College’s Alliance and the Great Lakes Bay Initiative.
- Develop and maintain the Community Work Study Program.
- Supervise one student staff member.
- Attend quarterly Alumni Board meetings and facilitate board’s career and professional development committee
- Develop and maintain an alumni mentorship component of the Alma Ambassador Program.
- Collaborate with faculty and employers/alumni to develop affiliation and internship agreements.
- Create and collect employer satisfaction surveys, analyze data, evaluate and make recommendations.
- Scout and recruit new employers to form employment partnerships and diversify opportunities.
- Develop, implement, and maintain high quality on campus recruitment activities including career fairs, on-campus recruitment programs, employer information sessions and portfolio reviews.
- Research and vet internships, jobs and other experiential opportunities to determine the suitability, legality and potential advantages for students.
- Act as initial point of contact for employer and alumni inquiries pertaining to jobs, internships and events.
- Enforce employer recruitment policies.
- Other duties assigned.
Reports to: Director of Career Coaching & Senior Director of Alumni & Family Engagement
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in career development, human resources, student development, or a related field
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and project a positive image
- Ability to balance several projects and meet deadlines
- Master’s degree
- 3-5+ years of work experience
Interested candidates must submit an Alma College application, a letter of interest, a current resume, and the names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references to Roxann Harrington, Administrative Assistant at [email protected].
For an Alma College application, please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897-employment-application.
Deadline for applications is November 16, 2018.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. For more information about the College and available positions, visit www.alma.edu/jobs.