University of San Francisco
The University of San Francisco's Office of Marketing Communications (OMC) provides centralized marketing and communications services to the USF community and in support of the university overall. We offer creative services ranging from web design to publications to multimedia to media relations, with $300,000 in billable hours per year and close to $1 million in advertising spend. We communicate with varied audiences, including prospective students, alumni, and the business community via our website (usfca.edu), social media channels, alumni magazine, and other outlets.
The University of San Francisco (USF) is searching for an accomplished photographer/videographer to serve in the Office of Marketing Communications. A successful candidate will create a wide range of high-quality visual content for the university's website, social media, magazine, print projects, and other channels. This important role aids the Office of Marketing Communications (OMC) in its commitment to provide internal creative services of effective, compelling, agency-quality marketing communications university-wide.
The Photographer/Videographer will report to the Multimedia Production Manager under the Creative Director. They will collaborate with all OMC creative colleagues, interact with USF partners as needed and mentor student photography interns.
• Serve as the principal source of photos for university marketing materials including the two unique university alumni magazines, USF websites, print collateral, digital advertising, mixed media projects, and more.
• Shoot, edit videos, and create motion graphics, animation and other special effects and more in collaboration with the staff videographer and under the direction of the creative director and multimedia production manager.
• Follow creative direction and translate information provided within creative briefs into compelling, authentic photography and videography on behalf of the university.
• Execute a wide variety of photographic approaches including but not limited to: portrait, landscape/architectural, lifestyle, news, conceptional, studio, and special event photography.
• Understand and implement audio mixing, music mixing and sound effects. Provide color correction for all video content. Execute compression and encoding of video content for online use, Research stock footage and stock photo elements, as needed. Support the multimedia team via conceptualizing, storyboarding, shooting and editing videos, as needed.
• Responsible for maintaining a consistent digital asset management system, timely uploading edited photos tagged for easy retrieval and the creation of shareable collections.
• Effectively post produce photography and videography, oversee the edits of contracted photographers and videographers, and student intern photography/videography - as needed - in order to maintain a uniform look-and-feel of all USF visual elements.
• Train and mentor student employees and interns and assure the quality of their work.
• Collaborate with OMC colleagues and university partners including participating in creative concept development and brainstorming for university-wide visual content.
• Advise OMC colleagues on how to best use photography and videography to portray university programs, people and messages.
• Assure the integrity and maintenance of university photography, videography, and related equipment.
• Advises OMC managers on acquisition of photographic equipment, including software.
• Keep abreast of new developments and technology in the multimedia field.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Understanding and appreciation of USF’s Jesuit identity and mission.
• Bachelor’s degree in a field related to photography, videography, multimedia or marketing.
• A minimum of two years of experience.
• Demonstrated record of producing agency-quality, published visual content via an online portfolio.
• Advanced Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite products with emphasis on Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Lightroom, and Photoshop.
• Substantial experience managing multiple projects with tight deadlines. Ability to troubleshoot, solve problems, and improve procedures with limited supervision.
• Highly-organized with a strong record of working independently, meeting deadlines and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a record of collaboration and teamwork.
• Must be comfortable working and communicating in an academic environment with students, faculty, staff, alumni, donors, and administration.
• Ability to effectively mentor student workers and assure high quality work.
• Evenings and weekends assignments are required as needed.
• Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated cross-platform multimedia experience in both photography and videography. Experience in shooting and editing video on a SONY A7 rsii camera is a plus.
• This is a physically demanding position. Able to lift 40lbs, stand for long periods of time.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency