Software Engineer, Data Services
Software Engineer, Data Services
Dominican educates and prepares students to be ethical leaders and socially responsible global citizens who incorporate the Dominican values of study, reflection, community and service into their lives. The University is committed to diversity, sustainability and the integration of the liberal arts, the sciences and professional programs. Dominican University of California is an independent university offering the best of Liberal Arts combined with a rigorous professional education. Founded in 1890, Dominican enjoys an over century-long reputation for excellence in scholarship, research and community outreach. The University offers more than 60 academic programs that reflect the diversity and creativity of both the faculty and the students. With about 1,900 students and a student to faculty ratio of 10:1, Dominican is able to successfully blend the personal attention associated with smaller schools with the academic resources of a larger university.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required and must be attached in attachment section of the application process (Step 2). Refer to the posting instructions for any additional materials that may be required.
Refer to the Dominican Employment Page here for adjunct opportunities and application instructions.
Title: Software Engineer, Data Services
Department: Information & Technology Services
Division: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Director of Information Services
Status: Full Time; Exempt
Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for a Software Engineer in Data Services position. The Software Engineer is is primarily responsible for SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and custom .NET solutions architecture and development. This position will also work closely with the SysOps and DevOps teams to deploy new data solutions using web-based APIs, SaaS and cloud-based data systems. This position reports to the Director of Information Systems.
- Manage projects related to custom development of reports and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) integrations
- Create jobs to import and export data and automate data file transfers
- Develop, debug, maintain and enhance SSIS packages, SSRS reports and .NET projects
- Perform database programming for new and existing systems, including writing scripts, stored procedures and functions for database systems
- Perform quality assurance tests for ensuring data integrity and create/maintain alerts for errors
- Support web application developers and Sys/DevOps teams
- Support the IS Director in managing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and other Information Systems
- Analyze data requirements, and translate business requirements into product designs.
- Coordinate with team members to perform database programming based on project requirements. Communicate with business process stakeholders across the university
- Debug and troubleshoot issues as needed in development, test and production environments
- Collaborate with the SysOps and DevOps teams to establish best practices for server provisioning, deployment, maintenance, migrations and upgrades
- Track and manage code changes using version control systems (SVN, Git) and maintain accurate and complete database programming documentation document projects in JIRA and Confluence.
- Suggest technology design and process improvements
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of experience in software engineering related to data services and systems
- Proficient in all relevant Microsoft SQL Server management and programming tools
- Proficient working with .NET technologies
- Understanding of T-SQL and SQL Server performance tuning methodologies
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git and SVN), documentation and project management systems (Confluence and JIRA or similar)
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of RESTful Services, Web Services, XML, and Object Oriented design concepts
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL, Oracle and/or MariaDB in addition to the core SQL-Server requirement
- Familiarity with one or more: Java, Node.js, Ansible, and/or Mobile frameworks
- Familiarity with Workday
Additional Position Information
- Open until filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency