Facilities Technical Analyst (ITS3)
Eastern Washington University is currently recruiting for a Facilities Technical Analyst (IT Specialist 3).This position is responsible for maintaining the department's Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS). The position works with employees from various units in the department to maintain the data in the systems. The position also works with each unit to analyze their work processes, procedures and policies to determine if, and how, they can be automated in the IWMS. The position is also responsible for helping business units in the department develop, maintain, and document their business processes.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Two years of experience developing in MySQL
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience writing reports in BIRT, Jasper or other report writers
- Ability to:
read and comprehend technical material;
analyze and resolve problems logically and rapidly;
prepare reports on application performance and system capabilities
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Knowledge and experience working in higher education and/or financial environment with areas dealing with information systems management and support systems
- Experience working with modern development languages and practices including source control
- Experience in using a well-structured life cycle management process for implementation of changes in applications
- Experience using IWMS
- General data and database work
- AutoCAD experience
- Experience with software implementations
- Experience using Pentaho software or a similar data migration tools
- Proficiency providing user support for software and hardware
- General project, contract, and trade work typical for Facilities
Other Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated abilities in each of the following areas:
- Working independently
- Prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively communicate in both spoken and written form to diverse constituencies, both technical and not-technical