Residence Hall Director
Classification Title: Non-Classified
Working Title: Residence Hall Director
OASIS title: 12402Z Director Exempt
Pay Grade (OLD; pre-2017) Not Applicable
Requisition Number 20190054
Type of Position Non-Classified
Job Family NC: Non-Classified
Appointment Length July - June (12 mo)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise undergraduate students working as Resident Assistants in Fairmont State residence halls;
- Coordinate and administer the overall Residence Life Program, including both student development and operations components, in assigned residence halls;
- Recruit, select, and train Resident Assistants; monitor work performance for accuracy and completeness in accordance with Department and University goals and objectives; ensure compliance of staff with established Residence Life policies and procedures;
- Meet with students and serve as Judicial Hearing Officer for students referred for disciplinary concerns; enact appropriate judicial sanctions and/or personal counseling to effectively resolve disciplinary problems in consultation with the Director of Residence Life;
- Manage operational functions for residence halls such as key distribution and collection, damage assessment, reporting and billing, maintenance requests, and hall openings and closings. Serve as facility manager for residence halls including conducting room checks, reporting and following up on housekeeping, maintenance and mover requests;
- Assume "on-call" responsibility for all area residence halls on a scheduled basis; and,
- Assume an alternative summer assignment such as maintenance or conference housing and housing assignments.
Most of the work of the incumbent is carried out within a generally accessible, safe, indoor environment. The incumbent will be required to operate a personal computer and associated equipment such as computer printers as well as other office equipment used in day-to-day operations.
The incumbent will be required to live in the residence hall 12 months per year.
The incumbent will have "on-call" responsibilities and will be required to respond to emergency and other situations during and after normal business hours.
Quick Link: www.fairmont.pierpontjobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=62940