Pool Maintenance Technician
Pool Maintenance Technician
Salary: $23.14 Hourly
Job Type: Classified - Part-time
Job Number: 00108
Closing: 11/12/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Visalia, CA
Department: Maintenance and Operations
Under the direction of the Manager, Maintenance and Operations, the Pool Maintenance Technician works in the care of equipment, decks and upkeep of the swimming pool facilities, the technician orders and applies chemicals to maintain proper pool balancing, and other related duties as required.
This position is a 12 month, part-time (20 hours/week) position. The work schedule will be:
- Monday - Friday 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting employees who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
Job duties of the Pool Maintenance Technician include:
- Monitors, handles, orders, and applies all chemicals for swimming pool.
- Performs cleaning, maintenance, and repairs of swimming pool, deck and equipment.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining inventory of chemicals, parts, and supplies as needed.
- Performs basic plumbing and electrical repairs.
- Assembles, installs and repairs pool equipment.
- Operate various hand and power tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Any combination equivalent to:
- Sufficient training and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and abilities listed above and
- One-year experience in general swimming pool maintenance, including the handling of chemicals.
License and Other Requirements
- Valid California driver's license.
- National Swimming Pool Foundation Certification as a Certified/Spa Operator
- An incumbent must be insurable at the "standard rate" by the employer's insurance carrier at all times while employed in this classification by the College of the Sequoias.
- Indoor and outdoor environment.
- Drive vehicle from site to site to conduct business of the District.
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs and work from heights.
- Ability to walk over rough or uneven surfaces.
- Ability to communicate with students/employees/public.
- Ability to read documents.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended period.
- Ability to reach in all directions, bend, kneel and crouch.
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull heavy objects.
- Ability to operate equipment needed to perform required duties.
- Work in areas with chemical fumes.
- Working in a cramped or restrictive work chamber.
- Working around and with machinery having moving parts.
- Working Outdoors in hot weather and direct sun
Knowledge and Abilities
The hiring committee is seeking evidence of the following:
- Proper swimming pool cleaning methods, techniques and use of swimming pool chemical application.
- Materials, tools and methods of equipment for cleaning, maintenance and repairs.
- Health and safety regulations and safe work practices.
- Use and care of tools used in building trades.
- Complete work projects with a variety of hand and power tools.
- Identify malfunctions; perform troubleshooting, repairs and installation.
- Perform pool maintenance and be responsible for pool chemical and balancing.
- Keep daily logs and communicate with Tulare County Environment.
- Read and write at the level required for successful job performance.
- Secure and keep current certifications as a Certified Pool/Spa Operator.
- Work cooperative with those contacted in the course of work.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Lift objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit:
- An online job application.
- Letter of interest which addresses how the applicant's experience and/or education enables him/her to be able to perform the job duties.
Part-time classified employees participate in the CalPERS retirement system.
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/2253680/pool-maintenance-technician
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency